At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Free WiFi
- Excellent Equestrian facilities
- One dog welcome
- Village pub 1 mile
- Set on a 300 acre farm
- Stunning Exmoor location
- Family, walker & cyclist friendly
- Horses Welcome
About Mill Cottage at Westcott Farm
Gold Award-winning Mill Cottage sits within our 300 acre Exmoor farm in a peaceful valley just south of Dunster and Minehead. Beautifully presented throughout, the cottage is one of two stunning cottage conversions. Mill Cottage is a former old mill, immaculately renovated with a brand new fitted kitchen diner featuring an AGA and a stunning lawned garden with furnished patio. This Exmoor retreat is perfect for families, or friends and couples sharing and one well trained dog is welcome. A village inn serving fine food and drink is only 1 mile away, and the farm is ideally placed for exploring the National Park, the Exmoor Heritage Coast, seaside Minehead and the Quantocks.
Westcott Farm has excellent equestrian facilities for your horse including modern stabling in a brand new American Barn, turnout paddocks, a spacious secure tack room with drying facilities and our new indoor school. We'll happily recommend excellent local riding instructors and the farm offers direct access onto the Coleridge Way bridle path famed for its excellent hacking. Escorted hacks are available as well as detailed maps. A perfect venue for a horse riding holiday or weekend.
- Character detached barn conversion with feature arched windows.
- Furnished to the highest standard throughout with a living/ dining area, kitchen diner and ground floor bedrooms.
- Access up to the first floor is via a glass doorway off the cloakroom to the rear.
- First floor living and dining areas take full advantage of spectacular rural views through a large window. The living area includes a cosy woodburner, colour TV, DVD and a CD player with radio.
- Staircase with a stairgate affording access to the ground floor.
- Newly fitted kitchen diner with a feature AGA, microwave, dining table and chairs, a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, electric cooker and dual aspect windows with views of surrounding farmland.
- A separate wc with wash basin is also available on the first floor.
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
- Three ground floor bedrooms.
- Spacious master double with an exposed wooden beam, an en-suite shower room including a wc and an arched door out to the garden.
- Bunk bedroom also with an arched door leading out to the garden.
- Twin bedroom with an arched window and exposed wooden beam.
- Brand new separate main bathroom on the ground floor with a bath and wc.
- Large enclosed lawned garden with a stream and patio with stylish outdoor furniture - table, chairs and umbrella.
- Barbecue available.
- Ample onsite parking
Facilities/ Additional Information
- Oil fired central heating.
- One well trained dog is welcome for an additional fee of £25 per stay.
- Local supermarkets (Sainsburys, Waitrose and Tescos) will deliver to the cottage.
- Free WiFi is available in both our cottages.
- Onsite facilities for horses - guests are welcome to bring along their own horses.
- We also have horses at livery, several hundred sheep and our very productive free range hens here on the farm.
- Look out for the occasional Red and fallow deer!
Changeover days for weekly bookings are Monday and Friday. We also offer both weekend (commencing Friday) and midweek (commencing Monday) short breaks in the cottage.
Around and About
We're a top spot for family holidays, horse riding, walking and cycling. Miles of scenic footpaths and bridleways surround the farm, as well as picturesque villages and National Trust Gardens. Fishing, watersports and clay pigeon shooting are all easily accessed nearby and the farm is just a short drive from the village of Dunster, Dunkery Beacon, Selworthy, Porlock Weir and the Valley of the Rocks on the Exmoor coast near Lynton and Lynmouth.