At a Glance
- 10 bedrooms
- Yorkshire's Favourite Pub Award
- Real ales and traditional fayre
- 'Olde worlde' charm
- Spectacular views
- Great value, warm welcome
About The White Horse Farm Inn
Hearty home-cooked fayre, best Yorkshire real ales, roaring fires and stylish accommodation all feature at The White Horse Farm Inn, a 16th century country inn in the heart of the North York Moors. The inn nestles on a hillside and has panoramic views of Rosedale Abbey village and surrounding moorland. We're a former 'Yorkshire's Favourite Pub' award-winner offering a warm welcome in a spectacular moorland setting only around an hour's drive from York and just 19 miles from the Yorkshire Coast. Relaxation, a friendly welcoming atmosphere and great value are guaranteed.
We have 10 guest bedrooms, recently renovated to a high standard in a contemporary style. One room is a twin and 2 rooms have a double bed and single bed (let as a twin, double or family room). Our other 7 rooms are all double bedrooms. Each room includes:-
- An en-suite bathroom or shower room.
- Breakfast is included in room rates.
- Free WiFi and colour TV.
- Tea and coffee making facilities.
- Toiletries and Hairdryer.
- Pets are permitted in some rooms free of charge by prior arrangement only.
Bar and Restaurant
- The bar with cosy log fire is brimming with 'olde worlde' charm and our stylish restaurant has glorious views of the valley - all you'd expect in a delightful country inn.
- An extensive menu includes delicious locally sourced local game (our speciality), organic meats and fish along with vegetarian options.
- View sample menus for Starters, Mains, Vegetarian options, Younger Persons meal choice, Specials, Sunday Lunch menu and more on our website.
- Meals are freshly prepared to order using the finest local produce.
- In the bar we serve a selection of some of Yorkshire's finest hand pulled real ales as well as fine wines and malt whiskeys.
- Traditional pub food is served each day in the restaurant and bar.
Around and About
- We're surrounded by spectacular North York Moors walking and cycling territory
- The Tour de Yorkshire route cut through Rosedale
- Rosedale Abbey Golf Course - no membership needed
- Join us at the inn for the annual Rosedale Walking Festival in mid-June
- Pickering and the North Yorkshire Moors Railway are nearby
- The Yorkshire Heritage Coast is 19 miles away
- York is around a one hour drive
- Exit the A1 at Junction 49, onto the A168 towards Thirsk/ Sowerby.
- On arrival at Sowerby, take the A19 for Thirsk. Continue onto the A170 for Scarborough.
- Carry on along the A170. After Kirkbymoorside turn left at the Wrelton, Cropton, Hartoft and Rosedale turn off.
- Continue on this road for about 7 miles.
- You will drop down into Rosedale Abbey village. To your right note The Coach House Inn and on your left the Rosedale Caravan Club.
- Take the immediate left after the caravan club entrance signed for Chimney Bank (a 1 in 3 hill).
- Cross over the single lane stone bridge then take a sharp left hand bend.
- Continue on this road for about 300 yards, and you will see the White Horse Farm inn on the left.
- Please note Sat Nav users - during bad weather if your Sat Nav directs you via Kirkbymoorside and Hutton le Hole, Chimney Bank (the road leading down to the White Horse) can be dangerous - please take care and redirect via Pickering.
- Ample free parking is adjacent to the inn.