At a Glance
- Stylish en-suite rooms
- Open all year
- Packed lunches
- Free WiFi
- Dark Sky Friendly
- 7 Stanes cycling adjacent
- Lift to the local pub
- Max 2 dogs per room
- Private car/ motor bike parking
About Sorbietrees Bed and Breakfast
A beautiful Georgian B&B near Newcastleton in the Scottish Borders, Sorbietrees Bed and Breakfast sits within 22 acres, close to the Northumberland border. Pet friendly and with a variety of room types catering for all, we're a real 'home from home' surrounded by woodland and fells with numerous opportunties for walking and cycling. Guests are welcome to relax in the spacious garden area with croquet lawn and wildlife including red squirrels! Free WiFi is available and we'll happily give you a lift to the local pub and back for great evening meals and fine ales. Packed lunches are also available on request.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Choose from three guest rooms in a contemporary style and all with working window shutters. Each room is appointed to a high standard with a colour TV, DVD player and clock radio, a well stocked refreshment tray and complimentary toiletries. Bathrobes and slippers are also provided. Hairdryers and ironing facilities are available on request. Room choice comprises:-
- Spacious super king-size double with sofa. Luxurious and perfect for that special stay or romantic escape in Dark Sky Friendly Country, featuring terracotta tones, with a large en-suite bathroom containing a double-ended bath and a separate shower unit.
- Standard double room, a little smaller with a large private bathroom only a few steps from the bedroom containing a corner bath and hand shower.
- Twin or family room with ample space, containing a double bed, a set of twin beds plus room for a cot if required.
A generous choice of breakfasts sure to set you up for the day, please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- A charming communal guest lounge has a cosy log fire, TV and a collection of books, cards and games which guests are welcome to borrow.
- Facilities for horses may be available onsite dependent on your requirements - contact us direct to discuss.
- Free WiFi.
- Open all year round.
- Dog friendly, up to 2 dogs maximum are welcome in rooms. Dogs are charged at £10 per dog per stay.
- Enjoy the large garden with croquet lawn, patio areas and lots of wildlife including red squirrels.
Check-in after 4pm and check-out by 11am on departure day. Please call us direct for special short break rates (minimum 2 night stay).
Around and About
Newcastleton village is a friendly, welcoming location with amenities including two hotels serving evening meals, a cosy pub and coffee shop, a tea room with an onsite gift shop, a post office and a bank, two small supermarkets, an antique shop, butchers and a Heritage Centre.
Sorbietrees B&B sits in a 'Dark Skies' friendly area close to the Northumberland National Park - perfect for star gazing.
We're ideally placed for cycling and walking holidays and short breaks, close to the Reivers Route, the Southern Borders Loop and Newcastleton's famous 7 Stands cycling routes.
Northumberland's Kielder Forest Park is only a short drive away and we're within easy reach of popular Borders and South West Scotland locations including Melrose, Gretna Green, Jedburgh and Kelso where you'll find many historic castles, abbeys, trails and fine shops/ restaurants.
- Sorbietrees Bed & Breakfast is within easy reach of the main A7 Borders Historic Route from Carlisle to Edinburgh.
- From the South turn off the A7 towards Canonbie and follow the B6357 towards Newcastleton.
- After approximately 9 miles turn right off this road to Kershopefoot and once through this settlement turn left towards Newcastleton and Sorbietrees (signposted).
- At the top of this road turn left again (signposted Newcastleton) and you will find us at the bottom of the hill on the left.
- From the North leave the A7 at Hawick and follow the B6399 then B6357 to Newcastleton.
- Immediately on leaving the village turn left (signposted Roadhead) cross the river bridge and bear sharp right.
- Sorbietrees is approximately 1.5 miles on the right.
- If you are using a Sat Nav or GPS as we share a postcode with several other properties it will take you to one of our neighbours not Sorbietrees, so it's best to use the Sat Nav to get you to the general area and then follow the instructions above.
- If you have a Smart Phone which uses a Google based Sat Nav, typing "Sorbietrees B&B" in should bring you straight to our door. Unfortunately mobile phone coverage is very unreliable in the vicinity so please don't depend on it.