At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- 19th century character
- Town centre 10 minute walk
- West Bay 2 miles
- Changeover Friday
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
About Ropemakers Cottage
A spacious holiday home on the edge of the market town of Bridport, Ropemakers Cottage offers beautifully appointed living space across three floors and is just a 10 minute stroll from the town centre. Formerly a workers cottage probably home to workers in Bridport's famous rope making industry, the cottage dates from the 19th century and is brimming with charming features including exposed stonework and timbers. All modern comforts include a fully fitted kitchen and digital Freeview TV. Ideally placed for exploring Dorset and Devon, Ropemakers is a mere 2 miles from West Bay and the World Heritage Jurassic Coast.
- Open plan living space comprising a hall, sitting room and ground floor kitchen.
- Fully fitted modern kitchen with a cooker, microwave, a toaster, kettle and a washing machine.
- Sitting and dining room with Freeview TV, DVD player, CD player/ radio.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two double bedrooms and a bathroom located on the first floor.
- Spacious twin bedroom on the second floor.
- Character exposed floorboards are in the top attic room.
Other Things to Note
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is a Friday. Short breaks are available, minimum 3 night stays.
Around and About
- Bridport town centre is a 10 minute walk away. The market town hosts twice weekly markets every Wednesday and Saturday. Farmers' Markets take place each month. The town also has an Arts Centre and The Eclectic Palace screen an excellent range of films.
- West Bay / The Dorset and Devon Jurassic World Heritage Cost is only 2 miles away.