At a Glance
- 1 of 9 award-winning cottages
About Castle View Cottage
Single storey Castle View Cottage is one of our most popular properties, 1 of 9 award-winning cottages at Wrea Head on the outskirts of Scarborough near Scalby village. Ideal for the Moors and Heritage Coast, our cottages are great for family groups with short breaks available. Guests have inclusive use of a fantastic indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi open all year round plus extensive gardens with a summer house, BBQs and games. There's also a Teddy Bear Play cottage and adventure playground which children will adore.
- Pretty Castle View sleeps 4 plus a cot. Bedrooms include a double with rural views and a spacious twin bedroom with room for a cot and guest bed.
- The bathroom has a bath with shower over.
- In the kitchen you'll find all you need including an oven and hob, a microwave, a full sized fridge and all accessories.
- The living room and dining area has fantastic views towards Scarborough Castle and contains a colour TV, DVD and CD player.
- You're welcome to use DVDs, CDs, games and shared washing facilities in the Laundry/ library room.
- We include all bed linen, electric/ heating, fresh flowers and a welcome tray in booking price and just ask if you would like champagne, cards or cakes.
- We also offer great extras like a baby sitting service or arranging grocery/ dairy products delivery on request.
- Ample secure and well lit parking is adjacent to cottages which cluster around a courtyard.
- Family facilities are all provided including a cot, high chair and stairgate.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi whirlpool spa.
- Changing rooms, shower and WC, poolside playpen and tropical flower/plant displays.
- Award-winning gardens with a summerhouse, a perfect space for relaxing and BBQs. The garden has panoramic views of surrounding countryside, the coast and the Castle.
- Teddy Bear's Cottage - a perfect playhouse for younger children with its own fenced garden and picnic area.
- A well equipped adventure playground ideal for older children, plus space for ball games.
- Laundry/ library room with automatic washing machines, tumble dryers, a library, DVDs, CDs, games, books and a payphone.
- Garden facilities include BBQs, racquet games, croquet sets and a summerhouse.
- Baby-sitters can be arranged on request.
- Ample parking with security lighting is adjacent to cottages.
- Milk, juice and dairy products delivery can be arranged on request.
- All cottages have a selection of tourist information guides and brochures.
Availability/ Group Bookings
Check-in is from 4pm (no earlier please). We request prompt departure by 10am. Cottages are open all year round, with short breaks available from October to April inclusive of a flexible start date.
All nine cottages booked together can accommodate up to 45 guests - perfect for large family groups or friends sharing. Properties are positioned conveniently close to each other and to onsite leisure facilities.