At a Glance
- 1 of 9 award-winning cottages
About Granary Cottage at Wrea Head
The perfect fun family holiday on the Yorkshire Coast, Granary Cottage is 1 of 9 award-winning cottages sleeping 2 to 8 at Wrea Head, situated on the northern edge of Scarborough near Scalby. The spectacular scenery of the North York Moors and Heritage Coast surrounds cottages which are clustered around a pretty courtyard and have wonderful views of surrounding countryside, Scarborough castle and the sea. We're open all year round and ideal for group holidays and short breaks. Free use of a fabulous indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, an adventure playground and Teddy Bear's Cottage are included in your stay.
- Spacious Granary Cottage sleeps 5-6 plus a Cot and is brimming with character features including exposed oak beams in the sitting and dining room areas.
- A fully fitted downstairs kitchen contains a microwave, 4 ring gas cooker and full sized fridge.
- A cloakroom with wc and basin is also downstairs.
- The lounge includes a colour TV, radio, DVD and CD player.
- Thermostat controlled gas central heating is throughout.
- Stairs lead up to the landing on the first floor and the family bathroom with shower, plus a cosy double bedroom, a twin room and a single with guest bed and cot available.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi whirlpool spa.
- Changing rooms, shower and WC, poolside playpen and tropical flower/plant displays.
- Award-winning gardens with a summerhouse, a perfect space for relaxing and BBQs. The garden has panoramic views of surrounding countryside, the coast and the Castle.
- Teddy Bear's Cottage - a perfect playhouse for younger children with its own fenced garden and picnic area.
- A well equipped adventure playground ideal for older children, plus space for ball games.
- Laundry/ library room with automatic washing machines, tumble dryers, a library, DVDs, CDs, games, books and a payphone.
- Garden facilities include BBQs, racquet games, croquet sets and a summerhouse.
- Baby-sitters can be arranged on request.
- Ample parking with security lighting is adjacent to cottages.
- Milk, juice and dairy products delivery can be arranged on request.
- All cottages have a selection of tourist information guides and brochures.
Check-in is from 4pm (no earlier please). We request prompt departure by 10am. Cottages are open all year round, with short breaks available from October to April inclusive of a flexible start date.
All nine cottages booked together can accommodate up to 45 guests - perfect for large family groups or friends sharing. Properties are positioned conveniently close to each other and to onsite leisure facilities.