At a Glance
- Two period guest rooms
- Chester 20 minute drive
- Ness Botanic Gardens (200m)
- Private walled garden
- Free WiFi
- Off road parking
About this Bed and Breakfast
Situated on the edge of the Wirral Peninsula only 200m from Ness Botanic Gardens, this superb Neston B&B is a charming 19th century old school house dating from 1840, just 20 minutes' drive from Chester and 30 minutes' from Liverpool. We're perfect for business or leisure stays, and for exploring Cheshire, Chester, the Wirral and the North Wales Coast. World class golf at Open Championship host course Royal Liverpool Golf Club is only a 20 minute drive from our B&B.
- We have two charming guest rooms both with Freeview TV, tea and coffee making facilities and direct access into the private walled garden.
- One double room with an ensuite shower perfect for couples or families with a cot and highchair available by prior arrangement.
- Single room with access to a private bathroom - we welcome single occupancy.
A delicious and varied breakfast menu is included in booking with a wide range of options featuring:
- Fresh fruit, fruit juices and cereals.
- Yoghurts, croissants and home-made bread/ rolls and our home-made preserves.
- Locally sourced cooked breakfast - sausages, Black Pudding, bacon and free range eggs.
- Freshly brewed coffee and tea.
- Porridge, fresh grapefruit and a selection of cheeses and cold meats are also available.
- We happily cater for special diets - please advise us of your needs when booking.
- Free off road parking is onsite for all our guests.
- Ironing facilities are happily provided if required.
- Guests are welcome to relax in the beautiful ornamental private walled garden with seating.
- Free WiFi internet access is available.
- Please note that the accommodation is non-smoking and we do not accept pets.
Around and About
- Several local inns are nearby in Ness and Neston serving fine food and ales - perfect for evening meals.
- Ness Botanic Gardens is right on our doorstep - only 200m away.
- Nearby attractions include the National Waterways Museum at Ellesmere Port, Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks discount designer shopping and the Blue Planet Aquarium.
- Several first class riding schools are also nearby including Foxes Riding School and West Wirral Riding School.
- Nature reserves, walks and activities in the local area include the Wirral Way and Country Park, the RSPB's Dee Estuary - Burton Mere Wetlands and a variety of watersports from sailing to wind surfing at West Kirby's marine lake.
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club at Hoylake and the Hilbre Islands on the north western edge of the Wirral are within easy reach.
- We're ideally placed only 1.5 miles from Leahurst Veterinary School and 10 minutes from Clatterbridge Hospital and Claire House.
- Llandudno, Conwy and the scenic North Wales coast are only a 20 minute drive away.
Travelling from Chester via the A540 to Hoylake, continue following Brown Tourist signs to Ness Botanic Gardens and take a left turn continuing through Burton village, on to Ness and the Neston Road. Carry on past Ness Gardens and you will see The Old School House about a quarter of a mile on, located on your right.
Coming from the M53, Junction 4 Clatterbridge - follow signs for Ness Gardens and after about 1 mile passing through Neston you'll spot 'The Inn at Ness' pub and restaurant on your right hand side located on an S-shaped bend. Our B&B is around 200 yards up from the pub on the left around a qurter of a mile before you reach Ness Botanic Gardens.
At the end of the M56, exit at Junction 16, and take a right turn onto the A540, then follow instructions as above from Chester. Ness is only around a 45 minute drive from Liverpool John Lennon Airport and Manchester International Airport.