At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private parking space
- Up to 2 dogs stay free
- Spectacular fell views
- Onsite inn & playground
- No hidden extras!
- Located in a 5 star holiday park
- Games field & park shop
About Fellwalker Lodge at Limefitt Park
Luxury Fellwalker Lodge sits within award-winning 5 Star Limefitt Park between Windermere and Ambleside, and has stunning views across to Sour Howes from the front deck and Wansfell from the rear. The park not only has excellent facilities but it's also received a David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation.
The Lodge is ideally located in the heart of the National Park with direct access to the Lakeland fells and pony trekking from your doorstep. A reception area with tourist infomation, an inn serving tasty food and local ales, a launderette, a children's playground and a well-stocked shop are all within the park.
- Fellwalker is a spacious and luxuriously appointed pine lodge ideal for families and couples with full central heating and double glazing.
- Open plan living space contains leather sofas, a coffee table, a 32" flat screen TV with Sky package/ Freetoview channels, a DVD, radio/ CD player, coffee table, an electric feature fire, a dining table seating six, and patio doors leading to the decking area.
- The kitchen comes fully equipped with a gas hob and electric oven, extractor fan, dishwasher, microwave, slow cooker, toaster, coffee maker and kettle. All essential crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils are inclusive.
- Ironing facilities, a hoover and coat hanging space are all in the utility room.
2 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
- Double master bedroom with an en-suite shower, low level wc, heated towel rail and wash basin. The master bedroom includes a walk-in wardrobe, vanity unit, hairdryer, TV and bedside tables.
- A second twin bedroom with full sized twin beds, bedside lamps, fitted cupboards, freestanding wardrobes and a chest of drawers.
- Main family bathroom featuring a whirlpool bath.
- Two decking areas to the front and rear with outdoor furniture, a barbecue and stunning fell views.
- Private parking space.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome to stay free of charge and there are no hidden costs.
- The beautiful Troutbeck Valley near Windermere is adjacent to the park offering a wide choice of walking opportunities.
- The Haybarn Inn within the park is also dog friendly, and two other great dog friendly inns are within a 15 minute walk.
- The spacious deck area with your lodge has lockable secure gates, perfect for dogs.
- Within the park you will need to keep your dog on a lead, however there is a designated dog exercising field onsite where dogs can run free.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- Bed linen, towels, duvets and pillows are all provided.
- Travel cot and high chair.
- Reception area and park shop in the old Mill with essential groceries, beer, wine and DVDs available to rent. Tourist information guides and leaflets are also here, and helpful staff are always on hand to assist.
- The Haybarn Inn, a family friendly and pet friendly traditional Lakeland Inn is onsite serving fine local ales and hearty pub food. A separate room contains a pool table, dart board, arcade games and slot machines. A beer garden with fabulous views towards Wansfell is also available.
- Children's playground with swings, slides, a see-saw, zip wire and a sand pit. Picnic tables are situated between the playground and the stream.
- Cool off in the Troutbeck river running through the park during the warm summer months. The river is famed for its wildlife.
- Games field with football and badminton nets.
- Dog exercising field.
Changeover days for weekly bookings are usually a Monday or Friday. Short breaks are available - book direct online. We have two luxury lodges at Limefitt Park - Fellwalker Lodge and Hollybank Lodge both sleeping 4 guests plus 1 infant.
Returning guests get 10% off their stay in either lodge!
Around and About
Award-winning Limefitt Park sits within the beautiful Troutbeck Valley between Windermere and Ambleside which are both within easy reach. The magnificent slopes of Wansfell and Applethwaite Common surround you, and the Troutbeck river flows through the valley towards Windermere. At the valley head sit the great peaks of Yoke, Ill Bell, Forswick and Thornthwaite Crag all offering spectacular opportunities for walking.