At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Free WiFi
- Grade II Listed
- Short breaks
- Adjacent to Abbey steps
About Seal Cottage
Spacious Seal Cottage in Whitby centre is a semi-detached 17th century cottage tastefully modernised with free WiFi included. Ideal for large family groups or friends sharing, this delightful property is Grade II Listed and sits at the foot of Whitby's famous 199 steps leading up to the Gothic Abbey on the cliff top. Shops, inns, restaurants and the Captain Cook Museum are right on your doorstep, and the harbour is a short stroll away.
- Homely sitting room with harbour views, two large comfortable sofas and a cosy armchair, a piano, TV, DVD and a collection of books and games.
- Fully fitted modern kitchen with a microwave, a rice cooker, a fridge freezer, cooker and a dishwasher.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two double bedrooms and 2 single bedrooms with views of the harbour and West Side of the town.
- First floor bathroom inclusive of a wc.
- Shower room.
- Separate wc on the second floor.
Other Things to Note
- A spiral staircase leads up from the ground floor to the second floor, and may not be suitable for the less mobile.
- Pets welcome at a small charge.
- Free WiFi.
- Towels are provided.
Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) available.
Around and About
Seal Cottage offers the perfect central location at the base of Whitby Abbey's steps. The cottage is just moments away from inns and restaurants, and a short walk from the coast path, harbour and Whitby Station where you can pick up the North Yorkshire Moors steam railway.