At a Glance
- 3 en-suite rooms
- 1 self-catering family annex
- Breakfast Award
- Deliciouslyorkshire Member
- Tea & cakes on arrival
- Tripadvisor Excellence Award
- Cookery school
- Pubs nearby & free WiFi
- York - 6 miles
- Secure bicycle and motorbike storage
About Harmony House Bed and Breakfast
A 4 Star Gold, Tourist Board Rated Bed and Breakfast just south of York, Harmony House sits in the peaceful rural village of Stillingfleet overlooking the green, and is the perfect antidote to city life. Guests are warmly welcomed with tea and cakes on arrival, and an award-winning locally sourced breakfast is inclusive in your stay. Evening meals are available on request - host Hillary trained at the Cordon Bleu School of Cookery and runs a small cookery school with lessons available. Guests are welcome to relax in the cosy lounge with log fire lit during colder months, or in our outdoor seating area with pretty views of the green on warmer days. A choice of walks and cycleways surround us and we're also conveniently close to regular local bus servces running between Selby and York.
Brimming with period character, parts of Harmony House date from the 17th century and the property has been a Sunday School and reading room in its colourful history. We have three self-contained guest rooms all tastefully furnished to the highest standards. Double, twin and king-size double ensuite rooms are available. Each room includes:
- Comfortable beds made up with fine Egyptian cotton linen.
- Stylish modern ensuites with shower or bath and shower.
- Free fibre optic WiFi broadband internet access.
- Hair dryers.
- Complimentary luxury/designer toiletries.
- Tea/ coffee making facilities.
- Freeview TV.
- Ipod dock.
- Guests have their own keys for ease of access - please note we do lock the inner doors at 1am to maintain peace and quiet for all our guests.
- Single occupancy is welcome in the double en-suite.
We are proud holders of the Enjoy England Breakfast Award and host Hilary has trained at the Cordon Bleu school of cookery and runs a small cookery school herself - hands-on meal preparation is available by request.
We also offer midweek evening meals or snacks dependent on prior commitments.
- Guest lounge with warming log fire in winter.
- Tea and cakes are served on arrival.
- Evening meals and special occasions catered for on request.
- Harmony House is a Deliciouslyorkshire Member, held by Yorkshire venues providing the very best of fine local produce.
- After days out sightseeing or enjoying outdoor activities, return to your relaxing B&B and a delicious pre-ordered cooked meal.
- Parking available including secure parking for motorbikes.
Self-catering Family Annex
- A self-contained self-catering family annex (Sleeps 4, minimum 2 night stay) is also available onsite with a downstairs double pull-out bed and twin bedroom with ensuite shower, a lounge with leather sofas, Freeview TV and a DVD, a dining room and cosy kitchen. A breakfast hamper is provided.
Check-in is from 3.30pm to 7pm, and check-out on departure day is by 10.30am.
Around and About
- The B&B looks across to the village green and is just a short stroll from the Norman church.
- Within 3 miles you'll find a super selection of fine inns and restaurants catering for a variety of tastes.
- Great cycle routes nearby include Sustrans Route 65 just 1 mile away.
- We're a mere six miles south of York.
- Premier golf, horse riding, racing at York Racecourse, Naburn Marina and a Sustrans cycleway are all nearby and we're ideally close to York's McArthur Glen designer outlet (10 minute drive).
- The Yorkshire Dales, motorway links and the North York Moors all an easy drive away.
Coming from the South, A1/Ferrybridge and Cawood on the B1222 . Turn left at the Cross Keys pub. Coming from the A19 at Escrick, at the Cross Keys Pub in Stillingfleet, turn right down the hill and over the bridge and turn left into The Green. Harmony House is situated 2nd on the right, with ample parking to the front. Coming on the B1222 from York via Naburn turn right opposite the church lytch gate and immediately before the bridge.