At a Glance
- Family-run self-catering complex
- Fishing lake
- Pitch & Putt
About Moorhead Country Holidays
Family run Moorhead Country Holidays at Woolsery are a collection of 17 cottages and apartments set within 10 acres of North Devon grounds only 4 miles inland from Clovelly and the coast. Available to book individually or together for larger family groups, accommodation is perfect for families or couples and the complex has an onsite heated indoor swimming pool, a bar, restaurant and lots of space for children's play and exercise. No longer a working farm, Moorhead is an idyllic peaceful retreat with a games room, gym and a 9 hole pitch and putt course onsite. FREE carp and coarse fishing on our 1 acre fishing lake is just a 5 minute stroll from the complex.
- 17 cottages and apartments sleeping 2 to 7 people.
- All properties include a TV with Freeview channels and DVD players.
- Three bedroom cottages and apartments (x3) sleep 6/7 and come with 1 double and 2 twin bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and stylish open plan living space including a sitting, kitchen and dining area. Patio doors lead out to private patios with picnic benches. All have spectacular rural views.
- Two bedroom cottages/ apartments (x9) sleep 3 or 4 guests and range from standard to luxury.
- One bedroom apartments (x5) are perfect for couples (sorry no children under 10 years in these apartments). One bed properties are located in a peaceful area of the complex yet within easy reach of all facilities.
- Indoor heated swimming pool open 8.30am to 10.30pm all year. The indoor pool complex also has a hot tub and sauna.
- Practice your golf on the 9 hole pitch and putt course. We supply clubs and balls FREE!
- The Games Room has a dart board, table tennis table and a pool table.
- In the evening we incorporate the games room into the bar, and children are welcome in this area.
- A well equipped gym contains a rower, an exercise bike, a multi station and a power jogger.
- A separate snooker room is available.
- Moorhead restaurant and bar are open from April until October and at Christmas, New Year and February half-term.
- The restaurant opens six evenings a week (closed on Wednesdays) from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Sunday lunch is also served - please pre-book meals.
- The bar is also open six evenings a week (closed Wednesday) from 6.30pm.
- Enjoy free carp and coarse fishing on our 1 acre fishing lake situated just a 5 minute stroll from the complex.
- We're a top spot for birdwatching holidays. We have regular guests who are keen twitchers. Species you can regularly expect to see on the farm complex include Goldcrest, Corn and Reed Bunting, Yellow Hammer, Bullfinch and on the lake Kingfisher and Snipe.
- Most onsite facilities are free - a small charge applies for use of the snooker and pool tables, and a session in the sauna and on the sunbed.
Other Things to Note
Bed linen is included in the booking price for all accommodation. Towels are available per person for a small charge. Children under 10 are not accepted in the one bedroom barn apartments. For other accommodation cots and highchairs are available on request.
Moorhead Country Holidays is ideal for families holidaying together or for large family groups and celebrations. Planning a get together? Accommodation across the complex can accommodate up to 60 guests and features ample communal space plus onsite leisure facilities. Whether you're planning a birthday celebration, a reunion, a family gathering or looking for that perfect club venue - Moorhead farm is the perfect choice.
Short breaks and full week bookings are available. Cottages and apartments are open all year round with seasonal on-site bar and restaurant opening times. Short breaks are available through the low season and may be available during peak season on a last minute basis. For more information about our short breaks please contact us.