At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Use of local leisure club
- Original priest hole
- 200 year old Lakeland stone cottage
- Beams, lintels & deep-set windows
- Grasmere village 5 minute walk
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Up to 2 dogs welcome on request
- Stunning views
About this Holiday Cottage
Nestling in the heart of the Lake District National Park, April Cottage in Grasmere is a holiday cottage gem just a 5 minute stroll from Grasmere centre with its fine choice of inns, independent shops and riverside cafes. Wordsworth's historic home Dove Cottage is also just a short walk away and a choice of short and challenging Lakeland walks are direct from your door. One well behaved dog is welcome (maximum 2 dogs by request) and the property boasts spectacular fell views and private on-site parking for 2 cars. During your stay guests have use of leisure facilities at the Wordsworth Leisure Hotel in Grasmere just a 10 minute walk away. Facilities include a pool, Jacuzzi and a small gym. Call us direct for information and to book - we're also available on 07763 936 256.
- A charming 200 year old Lakeland stone cottage, beautifully restored with character features including beams, oak lintels and deep-set picture windows.
- Accommodation is across three floors.
- Steps lead up to the middle floor main living and dining areas with a cosy 'living flame' gas fire, a TV, DVD, comfortable sofa and armchair seating, beams and oak lintels. An original priest hole is in the dining area.
- A few stairs lead up to a modern fully fitted kitchen with an electric oven and gas hob, a fridge/freezer, a microwave and a dishwasher. A washing machine, a tumble dryer and a freezer are downstairs in the drying room area.
- Downstairs drying room with door access outside - perfect for drying boots, shoes, towels and outdoor clothing.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two cosy upstairs bedrooms - a double and a single bedroom both with stunning views.
- One upstairs bathroom.
- A short flight of stairs lead down to a further single bedroom and bathroom.
Patio & Parking
The cottage has a pretty furnished patio area outside. Allocated private parking spaces for 2 cars are included, situated only a few yards away on the Glenthorn car park.
Facilities and Features
- Gas central heating and double glazing.
- Bed linen and towels provided (1 bath and 1 hand towel per person per week).
- Spectacular views.
- Inclusive use of facilities at Wordsworth Leisure Club including an indoor pool, Jacuzzi and a small gym.
- WiFi internet access available (limited - we request no film/music downloads or music streaming please)
- One well trained dog (possibly 2 dogs by request) welcome for an extra fee - please contact us direct to discuss. Dogs are charged at £15 per dog per week.
- Non-smoking accommodation throughout.
Weekly booking start days usually commence on Fridays.
Around and About
The cottage is only a 5 minute walk from Grasmere village with a selection of great restaurants, cafes and quirky independent shops including the famous Grasmere Gingerbread Shop.
William Wordsworth's historic home Dove Cottage is within easy walking distance, and a choice of stunning lakeside and fell walks are direct from your cottage door.
Explore the nearby tarns of Alcock Tarn, Silver Howe, Easedale Tarn and Loughrigg Fell or take a gentle stroll around Grasmere Lake. A selection of maps and information on recommended walks are available in the cottage which guests are welcome to make use of.
Grasmere is a great central location for touring the National Park, situated within easy driving distance of Ambleside, Windermere, Keswick and Hawkshead.