At a Glance
- 3 luxury cottages (2 with hot tubs)
- Breakfast packs (weekly bookings only)
- Beach hut hire
- Free WiFi & Events
- Celebration packages (charge applies)
- Chocolate hampers (charge applies)
About Humble Bee Farm Cottages
A warm welcome is assured at Humble Bee Farm near Scarborough with three boutique 4 Star Gold Cottages available. Perfect for families and couples, the cottages sit in a pretty rural location on a working farm with walks straight from your door. Two cottages have their own private outdoor hot tubs with fabulous star gazing and all three include cosy woodburners, locally sourced breakfast packs, WiFi and large wall-mounted TVs. If you're planning to hit the beach this summer, why not hire a Beach Chalet with Humble Bee during your stay. Find out more on our website.
Children will love our onsite play area and friendly farm animals including our free range chickens, our duck pond with ducks, and our goats and sheep. Regular themed events are also held on the farm, and we're dog friendly - one dog is welcome per cottage with a choice of farm rambles direct from your cottage door. Scarborough's beaches and seaside attractions, the Yorkshire Wolds and the North York Moors are all just on your doorstep.
Swallow's Nest - Sleeps 4+1
- Single storey boutique cottage, a stunning stable conversion with underfloor heating and a log burning fire.
- Ideal for couples and families - pets welcome.
- Private outdoor hot tub under a thatched gazebo which is lit up by night and perfect for star gazing.
- Spacious living area with a wall mounted TV, iPod dock and a fully equipped open plan kitchen/ dining area.
- Two en-suite bedrooms including a master double with en-suite containing a 3 piece bathroom suite with shower. Bedroom two has zip and link beds configured as either a twin or king-size double as preferred with an en-suite bathroom containing a shower, wash basin and wc.
- Travel cot available. A child's Z-bed plus linen can also be provided for an extra charge.
- 32" wall-mounted Panasonic TV, DVD and iPod dock.
- Fitted kitchen with a microwave, a fridge with a small freezer compartment, a dishwasher, a ceramic hob and integrated oven.
- A hairdryer, bed linen, towels including hot tub towels and complementary tea and coffee all inclusive.
- Tourist information and starter essentials including dishwasher tablets, bags, kitchen roll and washing up liquid.
Merry Dale - Sleeps 4+1
- A bright and cheerful ground floor cottage overlooking the farmyard, duck pond and a meadow.
- Private outdoor hot tub which is lit up at night and offers fabulous star gazing.
- Stable conversation with underfloor heating and an open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area.
- Two en-suite bedrooms - a master with a double bed and en-suite featuring a 3 piece bathroom suite including an overhead shower.
- Bedroom two with zip and link beds can be configured either as a twin or king-size and features an en-suite with a shower, wash basin and wc.
- Cot available. A child's Z-bed with linen can be hired if required.
- Lounge with cosy log burner, iPod dock and complementary WiFi.
- The fitted kitchen includes a built-in oven and hob, a fridge with a small freezer compartment and a dishwasher.
- Complementary tea and coffee and starter essentials including washing up liquid, bags, kitchen roll and dishwasher tablets.
- Facilities include a 32" wall-mounted Panasonic TV, iPod dock, an outdoor charcoal BBQ and a Bluetooth mirror.
Humble Bee - Sleeps 4+1
- A charming country cottage and our first conversion - formerly a granary store with beamed ceilings and a cosy log burner (wood is available throughout your stay).
- Two storey and ideal for a family of 4 or 2 couples sharing. This cottage would also suit a family with very young children.
- Downstairs boot room and wc.
- Fitted kitchen with a ceramic hob and an integrated oven, a microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and a fridge with a small freezer compartment.
- Pets are welcome for an extra charge.
- Sunny south facing private patio.
- Cot, high chair and a toddler kit all supplied.
- First floor bedrooms overlook an enclosed courtyard (pick up fresh eggs just a short stroll from the cottage).
- Bedroom one is a spacious master bedroom with 4 piece en-suite featuring a stunning bath, a power shower and a 'sky light' for great star gazing.
- Bedroom two can be either a double or a twin.
- Facilities include a log burner with logs provided, a 32" Sanyo TV, an iPod dock, DVD, WiFi, Bluetooth mirror and outdoor charcoal BBQ.
- Towels, dressing gowns and slippers all included.
Extras & Events
Is your party celebrating a special event? Why not book one of our Celebration Packages for an additional charge with extras ranging from fairy lights and bunting to a bottle of bubbly, handmade chocolates and party celebration extras like banners, balloons and confetti.
Special themed Celebration Packages for Adults and Children are available (extra charge applies). We also offer Chocolate Hampers for an additional charge.
Enjoy our free programme of fun events catering for all the family. The programme includes Nature Events, Wildlife Rambles, Superhero Weekends and more. Visit our website to find out more.
Bookings of 7 nights or more welcome. Short breaks are usually available off peak from November to March (some exclusions apply).
Cottages are available from 3pm on arrival day. Departure is by 10am. One dog per cottage is welcome for an additional charge.
Around and About
Our local area offers a variety of activities and attractions from beaches and rock pooling to rolling countryside, quiet forests and beautiful stately homes.
Scarborough, Whitby, Filey and Bridlington are all only a short drive away and the farm is ideally placed for exploring the North York Moors National Park and the market towns of Malton, Helmsley and Pickering.
Please do just ask us for information on attractions in the area and we'll happily assist.