At a Glance
- 6 stylish en-suite rooms
- deliciouslyorkshire members
- Well stocked bar
- Helmsley 3 miles
- 17th century house
- Gateway to the North York Moors
About Plumpton Court Bed and Breakfast
Welcoming Plumpton Court is situated in the small village of Nawton between Helmsley and Kirkbymoorside in the foothills of the North Yorkshire Moors. Plumpton Court is ideally located to explore the North Yorkshire Moors, the East Coast gems of Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay, some of Yorkshire's finest stately homes and gardens, and indeed York itself.
The house was originally built in the 17th Century and has been lovingly restored into a modern bed and breakfast, with 6 tastefully decorated rooms, all with their own individual character.
Chris is the most convivial host and takes delight in helping you make the most of your visit to North Yorkshire. So why not come and relax in front of the real fire in the homely lounge with a bottle of wine from the well stocked bar, then enjoy a leisurely breakfast with locally sourced ingredients. Each room has all the facilities you would expect including a DVD player with a DVD library for guests use, and the B&B is non-smoking throughout.
To the rear of the House is a private, Secure Residents Car Park and a Secluded Garden.
Special to Plumpton Court Bed & Breakfast
Plumpton Court - Yorkshire Hospitality at its best.
- Minimum booking of two nights on weekends between March and October.
- Check-in time is from 4pm to 7pm (or before 12 noon by prior arrangement only).
- Please do contact us direct to arrange a different arrival time if needed.
- We accept most major credit and debit cards.
Around and About
- Some of Yorkshire's most famous attractions are nearby including Helmsley Castle.
- Helmsley's fine selection of inns, quirky shops and fine restaurants are only 3 miles away.
- We are an easy drive from York, Scarborough, Robin Hood's Bay and Whitby.
- Pick up the North Yorkshire Moors Railway from nearby Pickering which runs across the National Park to Whitby on the coast.
- Plumpton Court makes the perfect southern gateway into the North York Moors which offers a wealth of outdoor activities, heritage sites and wildlife watching opportunities.
Plumpton Court is only 3 miles from Helmsley and 26 miles from York and Scarborough.
We are easy to find:-
- Exit the A1 at Junction 49 towards Thirsk and the A168.
- Take the second turning to Thirsk, and the A170 to Scarborough and the East Coast.
- Continue following the A170 to Helmsley.
- Three miles after Helmsley (when you are still on the A170) you will get to Beadlam running into Nawton village.
- Take the third left turn onto the High Street after a memorial tree seat located on your right.
- Plumpton Court B&B is situated 30 metres on the left.
- Our nearest railway station is at Malton.