The Arncliffe Arms is a truly traditional country pub.
Set on the coast to coast route, with beautiful views from our rooms where else would you want to wake up.
All staff are friendly and welcoming, all from the local area and full of useful information.
The pub has a cosy and refreshing feel to it with a coal burning fire its a place to relax after a long days walking or just to relax for the busy lifestyle.
Our food is all locally sourced so you get the best quality of what Glaisdale can offer along with full table service.
Our real ales are always on and fresh with locally brewed ales you cant go wrong.
When you walk into the pub you feel as if you know everyone and anyone, you feel your life was left outside and a new one begins when you walk into this pub. It is truly time well spent
Neil Clark , Proprietor.
From Whitby: 1. Head south on New Quay Rd
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Station Square
3. Continue onto Victoria Square
4. Continue onto Bagdale
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Chubb Hill Rd/A174 Continue to follow A174 for 0.2 mi
6. Turn right onto Prospect Hill/A171 Continue to follow A171 At first roundabout go staright ahead past Eves petrol station. At second roundabout go staright ahead and then continue for approx 5 miles 7. Turn left, signposted Egton and Glaisdale and countinue for approx 1.5 miles.
8. In the village of Egton take the second turning on the right signposted Glaisdale 9. After aprrox 1.5 miles continue down Limber Hill and over the river bridge
10. Go under the railway bridge and past Glaisdale station .
Destination will be on the left 100 yards past the station.
-------------------------------------------------- From Guisbrough: 1. Head southwest on Church St toward Westgate
2. Turn left onto Bow St
3. Take the 1st left onto Whitby Rd past Gisborough Hall Hotel.
4. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Whitby Rd/A171 Continue to follow A171 for approx 15 miles past Scaling Dam till yougo past a signpost on your right for Ugthorpe on your left. ( do not turn here).
5. Take the next turn right signposted Lealholme and Glaisdale and imeadiately pass over a cattle grid.
6. After aprrox 2 miles turn right at junction and follow road uphill and then road drops down into Lealholme.
7. After passing through village of Lealholme and over bridge ,after 500 yards turn left to Glaisdale
8. After approx 2 miles you will reach Glaisdale. Keep driving through the village past the shops , down the hill out ofthe 30mph limit and past the tennis court till you pass another row of houses at the very bottom of the village which is in two seperate sections.
Destination will be on the left just before you reach the railway station and the river.
You can check in from 16:00. You need to check out by 10:00.