At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Free use of boats & canoes
- Bike hire
- Loch & river fishing
- Visitor centre & shop
- Clay pigeon & target shooing
About The Eagle
Luxury chalet The Eagle sits on the western ridges of award-winning Highland Estate Portnellan, 2 miles from Crianlarich village in the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park. Stunning views from the property are northwards towards Glen Dochart, cliffs and the loch. The estate features onsite loch and river fishing, boating, canoeing and scenic walks. Essentials are available in the estate shop and the visitor centre has a wealth of information on local activities as well as a selection of games and fresh organic meat available to buy for BBQs. Pre-order groceries from local suppliers prior to arrival.
- Spacious open plan L shaped living space with a leather reclining suite, 32" Sony LCD TV with a DVD player, dining table and chairs for 4 guests, and stylish hand-made Harris Tweed curtains from Sula Furnishings.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a Bosch dishwasher, a washer dryer, fridge and a freezer, a fan-assisted oven and ceramic hob, a microwave, food processor, a sandwich toaster and a Senseo coffee machine. Additional items include a toaster, cutlery, glasses, utensils, pots, pans, tea towels, an oven glove and fine Royal Doulton crockery.
- Ironing facilities, a vacuum and clothes horse are all provided.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Accommodating four guests in two bedrooms, comprising a twin bedroom and a king-size double bedroom. Bedrooms share a bathroom which has a bath with a shower over and a bath mat.
Patio doors lead from the lounge onto a private furnished balcony with a spectacular view. (BBQ available on request for a small extra charge).
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels and toiletries, electric and fuel all inclusive.
- WiFi internet access is available.
- Guests have free use of canoes and boats.
- Visitor centre with maps and information on local attractions and activities, games, DVDs and fresh organic meat for sale - perfect for BBQs! (hire BBQs for a small extra fee).
- Bike hire, clay pigeon and target shooting available by arrangement.
- Five miles of loch and river fishing on the estate.
- Optional Tempur comfort topper mattress available to hire.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own Highland luxury property? Look no further than Portnellan. We have a variety of luxury properties sleeping 1 to 8 available to buy or rent. Contact us direct for information, or find out more on our website.
Short breaks, weekly stays and long-lets available all year round. Senior citizens and children under 12 receive a 10% discount.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
The Portnellan Highland Estate on the northern edge of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park is a multi award-winner. We've been awarded a Certificate of Excellence Award from Tripadvisor for the last 5 years!
The Estate has also just been shortlisted for Visit Scotland's Thistle Award category 'Best Self-catering in Scotland' for our region.
Around and About
- Free on-site loch and river fishing, free boating and canoeing.
- Loch island with castle ruins.
- Geocaching treasure hunt game on adjacent Ben More.
- Over 40 munros within a 10 mile radius.
- Spectacular loch and mountain views.