At a Glance
- Two cottages
- Sleep 8 & 2
- Short breaks
- Broughton-in-Furness 3 miles
- Short walk from a pub
- Free WiFi
About these Holiday Cottages
Luxury Lind End and Swallows Nest Cottages at Broughton Mills in the Lickle Valley nestle within our working hill farm, a mere 3 miles from Broughton in Furness and only 6 miles from Coniston Water. Adjoining each other, spacious Swallows Nest sleeps 6 + 2 whilst cosy Lind End is a romantic cottage gem sleeping 2. Ideal for couples and family groups, the cottages include free WiFi, ample private parking and are available for short lets and weekly bookings. Acclaimed real ale inn The Blacksmiths Arms serving a range of Lakeland ales and hearty meals is within easy walking distance and a choice of pretty walking trails branch out from the cottages.
Swallow's Nest Cottage (Sleeps 8)
- Luxury spacious 3 bedroom barn conversion.
- Peaceful rural location at the end of a private road.
- Underfloor heating is on the ground floor and radiators are on the first floor.
- Large lounge/diner with Freeview TV, DVD player and a cosy open fire with logs provided.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a cooker, a fridge, a freezer, a microwave and a dishwasher.
- Exterior utility room with a washing machine, wc and ample storage space for outdoor equipment and mountain bikes.
- Ground floor wheelchair accessible king-size double bedroom with an ensuite wetroom.
- First floor - two family bedrooms, one with a king and single bed, a wash basin and a TV with Freeview and a second bedroom with a double and single bed.
- Main family bathroom with a bath and a power shower over.
- A cot is available if required.
- Outside paved patio area with outdoor furniture.
- Weekly bookings usually commence on Saturdays. Short breaks are available off peak.
Lind End Cottage (Sleeps 2)
- A cosy one bedroom cottage for two.
- Front door entrance into a hallway with hanging space for outdoor clothing and stairs up to the first floor.
- The hall leads into an open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area.
- Lounge with comfortable sofa, a TV with Sky channels and a DVD player.
- Kitchen area with a domino induction hob and an electric oven, a fridge freezer and a dining table and chairs.
- Ground floor underfloor heating via an air course heat pump.
- Stairs up to a very comfortable bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, sky lights, black out blinds, a superb double bed, a TV with Sky channels, a shower and separate wc with a wash basin.
- The cottage has poor mobile phone reception, but depending on your network provider a signal is available inside the property.
- Travel cot and highchair available.
- Outdoor seating area with furniture at the front entrance.
Other Things to Note
- Free WiFi internet access is available in both cottages.
- Sorry no pets please - we have farm animals onsite.
- Please note - mobile phone reception is poor in cottages.
- Home delivery from Tesco or Asda is available.
- Towels, cots, highchairs and stairgates can be provided - please pre-book.
- Accommodation is non-smoking throughout.
- Ample off road parking is onsite.
Both cottages are available for weekly bookings and short breaks. The cottages are available from 4pm on arrival day and we request they are vacated by 10am on departure day. Please advise us of your estimated time of arrival when you book.
Around and About
Our local pub - The Blacksmiths Arms, which serves great Lakeland real ales and fine food is within walking distance of the cottages.
The market town of Broughton-in-Furness with a butchers shop, greengrocer, an outstanding organic bakery and cafe, a post office and a choice of places to eat and drink is only 3 miles away. Coniston Water is just 6 miles from the farm and the Cumbria Coast is within easy driving distance.
Pathways across the Lickle Valley are direct from your cottage door and forestry woodland paths are nearby. We also have some beautiful local hills to explore including Stickle Pike, Caw, White Pike and Walna Scar which leads on towards Coniston.