At a Glance
- 1 of 9 award-winning cottages
About Mill Cottage
Spacious Mill Cottage is 1 of 9 award-winning family friendly cottages at Wrea Head in the Scarborough area near Scalby village. Cottages cluster around a pretty courtyard, and feature great views across surrounding countryside and towards the sea and castle. The North York Moors and Heritage coast are right on your doorstep and free use of a fabulous indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, a playground and Teddy Bear play cottage plus extensive gardens with games and summer house are all included and available all year round.
- Mill Cottage is single storey and sleeps 6 guests in 3 bedrooms including a large double with space for a cot (can be a twin on request).
- Two further bedrooms include a twin and double.
- The family bathroom contains a shower and a separate cloakroom with wc is also available.
- In the fully fitted kitchen you'll find all you need including a microwave, oven and hob, a dishwasher and full sized fridge.
- The living room with great views and open access into the kitchen has a colour TV, DVD and CD player.
- A selection of DVDs, CDs and games plus shared washing facilities are all available in the onsite laundry/ library room.
- A welcome tray and fresh flowers are in your cottage on arrival.
- All bed linen, electric and heating plus a cot, stairgate and high chair are included in booking.
- Well lit parking is adjacent and you'll find amenities including village stores and pubs, as well as a supermarket just a few minutes away.
- Champagne, cakes, cards, delivery of groceries/ dairy products and a babysitting service can all be arranged on request. Please advise when booking.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi whirlpool spa.
- Changing rooms, shower and WC, poolside playpen and tropical flower/plant displays.
- Award-winning gardens with a summerhouse, a perfect space for relaxing and BBQs. The garden has panoramic views of surrounding countryside, the coast and the Castle.
- Teddy Bear's Cottage - a perfect playhouse for younger children with its own fenced garden and picnic area.
- A well equipped adventure playground ideal for older children, plus space for ball games.
- Laundry/ library room with automatic washing machines, tumble dryers, a library, DVDs, CDs, games, books and a payphone.
- Garden facilities include BBQs, racquet games, croquet sets and a summerhouse.
- Baby-sitters can be arranged on request.
- Ample parking with security lighting is adjacent to cottages.
- Milk, juice and dairy products delivery can be arranged on request.
- All cottages have a selection of tourist information guides and brochures.
Availability/ Group Bookings
Check-in is from 4pm (no earlier please). Departure is by 10am. Cottages are open all year round, with short breaks available from October to April inclusive of a flexible start date.
All nine cottages booked together can accommodate up to 45 guests - perfect for large family groups or friends sharing. Properties are positioned conveniently close to each other and to onsite leisure facilities.