At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Short breaks
- Welcome pack
- Tea room & free drink voucher
- BBQ & games room
- Art Centre & art tuition
- Summer house with views
- 1 dog welcome
- Garden/ nature area
About Rockville Cottage - Sleeps 4+Cot
A stunning 300 year old cottage conversion in Buckton, family friendly Rockville Cottage is just 1.5 miles from RSPB Bempton Cliffs on the Yorkshire Coast with stunning views towards Flamborough Head. Bridlington's sandy beaches and seaside attractions are only a 10 minute drive away, and the North York Moors, the Wolds, Scarborough and popular attractions including Sledmere House and Burton Agnes Hall are within easy driving distance.
A former farm labourer's cottage, the property is only 500 yards from the village shop and inn, and is brimming with character features including vaulted ceilings and high beams. One pet is welcome and a wealth of walking opportunities are right on your doorstep. Our charming Gallery Tea Room is onsite and a free drink voucher is included in booking. Guests also have access to the summer house with rural views of the nature area and pond, as well as free use of the games room with a pool table and TV.
Onsite Art Centre
The Richard Burton Art Centre run by award-winning landscape artist and cottage owner Richard is onsite. The Art Centre displays a collection of Richard's original paintings and prints inspired by local landscapes and wildlife around the East Yorkshire coast. A selection of old black and white photographs depicting seaside life around Bridlington and Flamborough in the early 1900s are also on display. Guests are welcome to visit the centre and purchase original prints, paintings and cards or book art classes during their stay.
- Spacious lounge with dining area featuring wooden flooring and a beamed ceiling.
- Fully fitted modern kitchen containing an electric cooker, washer dryer, a microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Two bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 - with a 5ft double bed.
- Bedroom 2 - a twin with 2 single beds.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over, wc and wash basin.
- An extra baby/ toddler pull-out bed is available for children up to 6 years
Outside/ Shared Facilities
- Outdoor seating area just outside the cottage.
- Shared access to the summerhouse, a BBQ, games field and a wildlife area.
- Private secure parking.
- Communal games room with a pool table and TV.
- Dog exercising and play area onsite.
- Access to The Richard Burton Art Centre and art tuition available.
- Gas central heating and electric woodburner.
- All fuel and power included.
- Bed linen and duvets provided - please bring along your own beach towels.
- Free use of a washer/ dryer in a separate utility area.
- TV with Freeview channels, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot happily provided on request.
- Welcome pack on arrival.
Contact us direct by phone or email for details on our great value last minute deals and discounts!
Changeover for weekly bookings is Friday to Friday. Short breaks, 3 and 4 night stays, are available all year round.
Around and About
- RSPB Bempton Cliffs - Yorkshire's famous 'Puffin Coast'.
- Bridlington - 10 minute drive.
- Village inn and pub 500 yards.
- The North York Moors, the Yorkshire Wolds, numerous inland and coastal villages are an easy drive away.
- Attractions close by include Bondville Model Village, Skipsea Castle, Old Beacon Light Tower, Sewerby Hall and Gardens, the Bayle Museum and 'Heartbeat' village Goathland are within easy daytrip driving distance.