At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Single storey
- Travel cot available
- Games room & summerhouse
- Art Centre & tea room
- Beams & stone flooring
- Free WiFi & secure parking
- Short breaks
- Welcome pack on arrival
About Shyre Stable
A stunning 5 Star single storey cottage near Bempton Cliffs with two en-suite bedrooms, Shyre Stable is only a 10 minute drive from Bridlington and set in a beautiful rural location. Onsite facilities include a games room with pool table and TV, a summerhouse with views towards a pond and nature area and access to a pretty grass meadow ideal for exercising dogs and children’s play.
Owner Richard is an acclaimed landscape artist and our onsite Art Centre displays paintings and prints by Richard inspired by local landscapes and available to purchase. We also have our Gallery Tea Room, open Wednesday to Sunday (March to October) - a free drink voucher is included in your stay. One pet is permitted and Shyre Stable is perfect for families with a travel cot available if required.
Accommodation – Sleeps 4 + Cot
The cottage dates back 200 years and has seen various uses in its history including a chicken house, piggery and more recently a stable for four horses prior to its beautiful conversion to holiday accommodation. Living space is all on the ground floor and comprises:-
- Open plan lounge with dining area.
- Fully fitted kitchen with beams and stone flooring, a fridge freezer, microwave, a washer/ dryer and a dishwasher.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms with beamed ceilings.
- Double bedroom with an en-suite shower, wc and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with an en-suite bathroom containing a bath with shower over, a wc and a wash basin.
- Extra pullout bed available for a baby or toddler up to 6 years.
- A seating area is just outside the cottage.
- Private secure parking.
Onsite Facilities/ What’s Included
- An electric woodburning stove and gas central heating.
- A TV with Freeview channels and a DVD/ CD player.
- All fuel and power are included.
- Bed linen and duvets provided.
- Use of a washer and dryer in a separate utility area.
- Ironing facilities and a hairdryer.
- Welcome pack available on arrival.
- Use of games room with a pool table and a TV.
- A summerhouse with views towards our pond and nature area, plus use of a BBQ.
- Access to The Richard Burton Art Centre and art tuition available on request.
- Free WiFi internet access.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is usually a Friday or Monday, but we can be flexible by request. Short breaks are available all year round. A 20% deposit is required, payable on booking.
Around and About
- Village inn and pub 500 yards.
- RSPB Bempton Cliffs - Yorkshire's famous 'Puffin Coast' is just 1.5 miles away.
- Bridlington - 10 minute drive.
- The North York Moors, the Yorkshire Wolds, numerous inland and coastal villages are an easy drive away.
- Attractions close by include Bondville Model Village, Skipsea Castle, Old Beacon Light Tower, Sewerby Hall and Gardens, the Bayle Museum and 'Heartbeat' village Goathland in the nearby North York Moors are within easy daytrip driving distance.