At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Games room & tea room
- Beams & vaulted ceilings
- Art Centre
- Grass meadow & nature area
- Welcome pack on arrival
- One pet welcome
- Free WiFi
- Pub & shop 500 yards
About Copper House
A two bedroom luxury cottage perfect for families, the Copper House at Rockville Farm is just 1.5 miles from Yorkshire's famous Bempton Cliffs - the Puffin Coast. Seaside Bridlington is only a 10 minute drive away, and a village inn and shop are only 500 yards away. The cottage was formerly used as a grainary and stable. Its name is derived from vast copper vats used to boil water for feed, and at a later date to provide hot water for German POWs who were resident on the farm during the war.
Character features include stone flooring throughout and vaulted, beamed ceilings. One pet is permitted, and a range of communal facilities are onsite including a tea room, games room, a summerhouse which overlooks a nature area and pond, a BBQ and a grass meadow with space for dog exercising and children's play.
Living space is across two floors and comprises:-
- An open plan ground floor lounge with a dining and kitchen area with stone floor and vaulted ceilings. A wc and wash basin are also on the ground floor.
- Well equipped fitted kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave and a fridge freezer. A washer/ dryer is available in a separate utility area.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms with beamed vaulted ceilings. Double with a 15ft double bed and a twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over, wc and wash basin.
- Secure private parking.
- Outdoor seating area adjacent to the cottage.
- Free WiFi internet access.
- TV with Freeview channels, a DVD and CD player.
- Cosy electric woodburning stove.
- A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
- Shared games room with pool table and TV, a summerhouse with BBQ and a beautiful nature area with pond.
- The Gallery Tea Room - open Wednesday to Sunday, 11am to 4.30pm from March to October.
- Gas central heating, all power and fuel included in booking price.
- Welcome pack on arrival.
- All bed linen and duvets are provided - please bring along your own beach towels.
- Washer/ dryer available in a separate utility area.
- Hairdryer and ironing facilities available.
- The Richard Burton Art Centre with prints and paintings by owner/ landscape artist Richard.
- Art tuition is avaiable on request.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is usually a Friday or Monday (can be flexible dependent on availability). Short breaks, 3 and 4 night weekend/ midweek breaks, are available all year round. A 20% deposit is required on booking.
Around and About
- RSPB Bempton Cliffs is only 1.5 miles away.
- The cottage is a mere 500 yards from a village inn and shop.
- The Yorkshire Wolds and North York Moors are a short drive away.
- 'Great' Bridlington is only a 10 minute drive from our cottages.