At a Glance
About this Holiday Lodge
Stylish Banfield Lodge overlooks the picturesque Loughor Estuary near Gowerton, and is just a 10 minute drive from the Gower Peninsula, easily accessed off the M4 and ideal for exploring Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire. Blending contemporary style with traditional features including beamed ceilings, this beautiful one bedroom holiday lodge is peacefully situated with stunning estuary and farmland views. Furnished to the highest of standards and with free WiFi, off road parking and a private garden with BBQ, Banfield Lodge offers plenty of privacy and is perfect for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy a well deserved break. No need to leave pets behind - up to 2 dogs are welcome at Banfield Lodge and spectacular riverside and estuary walks are direct from your door. Call to book, or get in touch for more information.
- Self-contained 1 bedroom holiday lodge apartment - sleeps 4.
- Single storey living space with private front and rear door entrances.
- Open plan, comfortable lounge with a large double leather sofa bed, a TV with Freeview, DVD player and digital radio.
- New fully fitted kitchen with an oven, microwave, fridge, and a dishwasher.
- Utility room perfect for drying coats and boots.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Good sized king-size double bedroom with beamed ceiling, a large wardrobe, DAB radio, DVD player and garden views.
- Modern shower room with wc.
- Additional sleeping space is available for two guests on the double sofa bed in the lounge.
Outside is a secure, enclosed garden with BBQ and garden furniture. Ample off road parking is just to the front of the lodge.
Other Things to Note
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome.
- Free WiFi internet access is included.
We welcome short breaks all year round depending on availability. Please email us for an accurate price. Minimum stay is 3 nights. Please note once you have booked your party size, any additional occupants on the date of arrival will be charged the standard rate of £30 per night.
Weekly arrival and departure day is usually Saturday to Saturday. Arrival time is after 4pm and departure is by 10.30am.
Around and About
- The lodge is just a 3 minute stroll from the estuary shoreline and ideally placed for exploring the Gower and South West Wales.
- A lovely riverside walk is just to the front of Banfield lodge and our local real ale inn - 'The Reverend James' is only a 5 minute walk from your door.
- Local restaurants are within walking distance and a Spa shop is a 5 minute walk away.
- Loughor Boating Club, which is open to non-members, is a 10 minute estuary walk away.
- The Lodge sits close t to Penclacwydd National Wildfowl Centre and the new Jack Nicklous 18 hole golf course.
- Gower's many beautiful beaches - Llangennith/ Rhossili, Oxwich, Port Eynon, Llanmadoc and Langland are all within a 25 minute drive.
- The Gower Peninsula AONB and Swansea Bay offer a wide choice of activities including surfing and beach sports, walking, cycling, game and sea fishing, golf, birding and watersports.
- Locations within easy daytrip driving distance include Swansea (25 minutes), Cardiff (55 minutes), Carmarthen (40 minutes), Llandeilo (40 minutes) and Pembrokeshire (50 minutes).
What Our Guests Say
"Thank you for letting us stay at such a lovely place, we thoroughly enjoyed it and perfect for our dog, so much to see that we’ll have to return soon". (David & Bailey)
"Had a lovely long weekend visiting our son. Lodge was perfect for us and the dog, comfortable, warm, well equipped, with terrific dog walking just across the road". (Zoe & Martin)
"Lovely well equipped accommodation, ideally suited for us to visit our family, wonderful for the dog. Had a lovely weekend away. Thank you for your warm welcome, flowers & wine much appreciated". (Julie & Nick. Halifax West Yorkshire)
"We’ve been really comfortable here at Banfield Lodge, the welcome was warm with complimentary wine and flowers, and we felt it to be nice and private too. Everything we needed was provided from kitchen utensils to the very thought full printout of high and low tides. We found the Historic Gower information both really useful and have been out hunting places of interest with the OS maps (also helpfully provided). Beds super comfortable too! A relaxing, lovely place to stay as a gateway to the Gower. Thanks". (Kay & Sandie)
- Exit the M4 at Junction 47, and take the third exit at the motorway roundabout signposted for Gorseinon.
- Continue for 2 miles into the centre, and carry on out the other side of Gorseinon Cross, without turning left or right.
- At the lights on the cross, drive up a gradual hill with a Sainsburys supermarket on your right.
- Carry on for about 1/2 mile to the next set of lights - straight over.
- Take the next right within 1/2 mile, leaving the Reverend James pub on the right.
- Turn into Bwrw Lane.
- Coninue over 6 speed humbs, then take an immediate right into 'The Banfield'.
- The first house to your right is Banfield Lodge.
- Banfield Lodge's front door is accessible via a sheltered tunnel walkway - please do park in the tunnel area to unload your car.
- Private secure parking is just to the rear of the property. You can also park on the front roadside if preferred.