At a Glance
- Green Tourism Silver Award
- Set in 8 acres
- Dog exercise field
About this Cottage Apartment
A real 'chocolate box' thatched cottage apartment, Kingfisher is perfect for couples, friends sharing or small family groups. Accommodation is one of six self-contained properties at Lea Hill Country Cottages near Axminster. The apartment sits within 8 acres of shared grounds and gardens and is within walking distance of pretty Membury village, one of England's few villages to still celebrate Oak Apple Day in May. River Cottage Canteen in Axminster is just minutes away and we're only a short drive from the Devon/ Dorset Jurassic Coast.
- Part of a stunning thatched barn conversion retaining original features.
- Accommodation is on the first floor and has glorious views across to the gardens.
- The lounge adjoining the kitchen has comfortable seating, a mock log burner effect fire, a TV, DVD and double aspect views of the valley and gardens.
- A modern fitted kitchen includes a microwave, dishwasher, a fridge, freezer and all necessary accessories.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Light and airy double bedroom.
- Spacious bathroom with a bath and shower over.
A pretty terrace area is to the front and a cosy garden is to the rear, both with seating provided.
Ample parking is onsite, and guests have access to 8 acres of stunning communal gardens and grounds.
- All electric, fuel, towels and bed linen are included.
- Tea towels, cleaning materials and toiletries are provided.
- A shared resource room is onsite with a washing machine, dryer, a freezer and local tourist information guides.
- A travel cot is available on request.
Dogs are warmly welcomed here at Lea Hill, and we have a range of dog friendly facilities onsite including an exercise field, dog towels, bowls and grooming tools. Take your pick of spectacular dog friendly coast and country walks in the area.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is usually a Friday. Short breaks are available. Arrival is from 3pm and departure by 10am.
Around and About
- Historic Membury village is a short stroll away with a choice of inns, shops and attractions including Membury Castle.
- Several historic iron age forts are in the area.
- Axminster, home to River Cottage Canteen, is only minutes away.
- Explore the nearby Devon/ Dorset Jurassic Coast within easy driving distance.
- Browse our Local Log Book with a choice of things to do within a 10 mile radius of Lea Hill Cottages.