At a Glance
- 3 cottages - sleep 2 to 4
- Cockermouth 3 miles
- Free WiFi
- Romantic honeymoons, anniversaries & birthdays
- Uninterrupted country views
- Luxury Jacuzzi hot tubs
- Fresh flowers & welcome packs
- Short breaks - 3 & 4 nights
About these Holiday Cottages
Situated midway between Maryport and Cockermouth, luxury West House Farm Cottages are three stunning cottages sleeping 2 to 4. Two barn conversion, The Old Byre and Little Meadow both sleeping 4, are 5 Star Gold Award cottages with luxury Jacuzzi hot tubs included. Cottages retain original features such as exposed beams and vaulted ceilings, and accommodation is perfect for special occasions, romantic honeymoons, birthdays and celebrations. We'll happily organise special chocolates, gifts, balloons and flowers on request and all cottages include complementary flowers and a welcome pack on arrival.
Guests are welcome to explore the farm and walk the farm tracks. Children adore our friendly farm animals and will love collecting eggs for breakfast or feeding the calves. Perfect for couples, families and for large groups when booked together, the cottages sit in a beautiful rural location within easy reach of Maryport on the Cumbrian coast, Keswick and the Northern Fells. Cockermouth is just 3 miles away.
The Old Byre
- Luxury cottage with a private Jacuzzi hot tub and great views of the Lake District - sleeps 4.
- This cottage was formerly our calf pens and has been sympathetically renovated to a very high standard and features exposed beams and trusses, hand crafted windows and doors made from hardwood and seasoned oak.
- The lounge has a Sony music centre, an iPod dock, a flat-screen TV, a woodburner style electric fire and comfortable sofa/ armchair seating.
- A fully fitted kitchen in light oak contains an electric oven and ceramic hob, a dishwasher, a fridge/freezer, a microwave, a kettle, toaster, coffee machine and all essential kitchen accessories. Ironing facilities are also available.
- Master king-size double bedroom with furnishings in light oak and a wall-mounted flatscreen digital TV.
- Bedroom 2 - a twin with a built in wardrobe.
- Bathroom with a large cast bath, a separate shower and a mirror with LED lights.
- Fluffy soft dressing gowns and slippers are provided.
- This cottage has ground floor accommodation with just one entrance step, and is suitable for our less mobile guests.
- A stunning luxury barn conversion sleeping 4 with beams and trusses, and handcrafted hardwood and oak windows and doors.
- Unique features include custom made stairs up to a gallery landing with window seats.
- A cosy lounge has a woodburner style electric fire, a flat-screen TV, a Sony music centre, iPod dock and stylish comfortable seating.
- The fitted kitchen in light oak has all essentials including a fridge/ freezer, an electric oven and a ceramic hob, a washer/ tumble dryer, a dishwasher and a microwave. All equipment plus a toaster, kettle, coffee maker and ironing facilities are available.
- Stairs up to a Master king-size double bedroom with an en-suite shower room. This bedroom has hand-crafted oak furnishings and a wall-mounted digital flatscreen TV.
- Family bathroom with a large cast bath and shower over, a wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 is a twin also with hand-crafted oak furnishings. The walls in this bedroom feature small windows, once air vents for the hay barn.
- Outside is a patio with stylish outdoor furniture and a luxury Jacuzzi hot tub.
- Slippers and bathrobes are included.
- Cosy cottage for two with open plan living space and an outdoor raised patio area with fabulous views.
- Open plan kitchen and sitting area with comfortable furnishings, a large flatscreen TV, a DVD and CD player.
- Fully fitted kitchen with an oven and hob, a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, a coffee machine, ironing facilities and all essential kitchen equipment.
- King-size double bedroom.
- Bathroom with a corner bath, shower, wc and wash basin.
Other Things to Note
Fresh flowers decorate the cottages and a complementary welcome pack is available on arrival. These truly unique self catering cottages have full oil fired central heating throughout.
Beds are made up on arrival with bed linen, complimentary toiletries and towels provided. Free WiFi internet access is available throughout.
Around and About
We are situated close to Cockermouth, Keswick, the Lake District National Park, Maryport and the Solway Coast so you get the best of both worlds - lakes and mountains to the south and east and sandy beaches and unspoilt coastline to the west.
Short breaks are available throughout the year for 3 to 4 nights – Please contact us for further information.
Travelling from the North and South, exit the M6 at junction 40/Penrith. Travel west along the A66 towards Keswick and Cockermouth. Continue straight on over the roundabout and take the first exit heading towards Maryport.
Follow the A594, passing through the village of Dovenby. Take a first right when your reach to the top of the hill after you've past the Ship Inn signed to Dearham.
West House Farm is 1/4 mile along this road on the right hand side.