At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- 4 Star Gold Accommodation
- Romantic retreat
- Single storey
- Free WiFi & parking
- Home baking on arrival
About this Luxury Cottage
The perfect romantic retreat for couples, Watermill Croft sits in a stunning rural location just 2 miles from the historic market town of Bedale. Immaculately presented throughout, this hideaway cottage has a cosy log-effect fire and underfloor heating, a paved furnished patio with BBQ and complimentary WiFi. A village inn serving fine food and drink is a short scenic walk away and guests are warmly welcomed with home baking on arrival.
- Open plan living space is light and airy, inclusive of a lounge, dining and kitchen area.
- Stylish comfortable seating, a log effect gas fire, a TV with Freeview channels and a DVD player all feature in the lounge.
- The modern kitchen is well equipped with all essentials including a fridge with a freezer box, an electric oven and grill, a microwave and a dishwasher. (guests have access to a freezer, washing machine and a dryer).
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Double bedroom with a quality 5 foot king-size bed.
- Shower room and wc with underfloor heating and a heated towel rail.
- French windows lead out to a paved patio area with outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
- Free parking is adjacent.
- Guests should note, a stream sits close to the cottage.
Facilities/ Further Information
- Electric heating is throughout and fully inclusive in booking.
- Underfloor heating is in the shower room.
- Luxury bed linen and towels included.
- Complimentary WiFi.
- Delicious homebaking is available on arrival.
- Access available to a washer, dryer and a freezer.
- Sorry no pets please.
- Accommodation is non-smoking throughout.
- Watermill Croft is 1 of 3 luxury cottages at Crakehall - our other properties include Watermill Cottage sleeping 4 and Miller's Retreat sleeping 6.
What's Special About Watermill Croft
Crakehall is a unique heritage site with three beautifully restored onsite cottages and a historic working watermill which has featured in TV and film, including on the BBC's Countryfile series. Visits to the onsite mill are possible - contact us direct for more information on group tour bookings, or on dates for our Mill Open Days.
Around and About
Watermill Croft is you perfect base for exploring North Yorkshire and the Yorkshire Dales. Walking and cycling is direct from your door - guests are permitted to take bikes on the nearby Wensleydale Railway into the Dales.
The local area is brimming with beautiful market towns and villages including Bedale (2 miles), Leyburn and Masham (8 miles) and Richmond famed for its Norman Castle.
A selection of premier horse riding and golfing venues also surround us, along with some of Yorkshire's most famous National Trust owned estates. Our idyllic rural corner of Yorkshire is easily accessed just a few minutes' drive off the A1.