At a Glance
- 7 luxury cottages
- Sleep 2-18
- Stunning setting
- Bala & Bala Lake nearby
- Pet friendly cottages available
- White Water Rafting nearby
- Short breaks all year
- Pamper services
- Free WiFi in some cottages
About this Holiday Cottage
Bala Cottage Breaks are a selection of luxurious cottages around Bala and Bala Lake all perfect for holidays and short breaks in Snowdonia National Park. Many cottages are 5 Star rated or Grade II Listed, and all are brimming with country cottage charm and character. Short breaks are offered all year round, and great walking and outdoor activities are nearby. Attractions including The National White Water Rafting Centre and Coed y Brenin mountain biking are within easy reach.
Choose from four stunning detached 5 Star cottages sleeping 4 or 6, available individually or together for groups of up to 20 guests. These cottages are situated on a six acre Grade II Listed farmstead with Timber Trail Children's Play area. Close by we have more outstanding cottages all just minutes from Bala Lake.
Cyffdy Farm Cottages
- Stable Nook - Sleeps up to 4 - A character newly refurbished 400 year old detached stone cottage in a stunning location with magnificent views of the Llafar Valley and Aran mountains beyond. Peacefully situated with lawned gardens to the front and side. One small well trained dog is welcome. Minimum 2 night stay. This cottage includes Sky Freview TV, a fully fitted kitchen with a dishwasher and washing machine and free WiFi.
- Poachers Pocket - Sleeps up to 4/6 - A self-contained luxury apartment with level access to the bathroom with a shower. Living space includes a cosy sitting room with a slate fireplace. One small dog is welcome. Minimum stay is 2 nights.
- Shippon Roost - Sleeps up to 6 - a detached slate Snowdonia longhouse with an exquisite beamed sitting room. The bedrooms were formerly an old grain store. This spacious cottage has a private enclosed patio with floodlighting and BBQ, a fully fitted kitchen with a washing machine and dishwasher, 2 TVs and 3 bedrooms. One small dog is welcome. Minimum stay is 3 nights.
- Beudy Brics - Sleeps up to 4 - a romantic detached slate barn conversion elevated with glorious views across a 4 acre sheep paddock towards Bala Lake. Peacefully situated with a split-level dining kitchen and a feature cast iron Villager stove. The kitchen is fully fitted with a dishwasher, a fridge/ freezer and a washing machine.
- Spacious former servants wing of a historic country house in Llanuwchllyn village - sleeps 10.
- Luxury 5 Star property with 5 bedrooms (3 are en-suite) and 4 bathrooms.
- Bedrooms include a top floor master en-suite with open countryside views.
- Dining room with woodburning stove.
- Downstairs sitting room with leather sofa seating, TV, DVD and glorious views.
- Brand new country kitchen with a breakfast bar and a boot room.
- Secure bike storage.
- Set within rolling countryside and featuring a beautiful garden with furniture, an enclosed patio and a BBQ.
- Bala is just 2 miles away.
- A spacious Victorian country house sleeping up to 18, ideal for an extended family group or families/ friends sharing.
- Perfect for a large Stag or Hen group looking for that perfect group accommodation close to the National White Water Rafting Centre (only 7 minutes up the road), or a walking/ activity group.
- Large boot/ coat room.
- Vast hallway and huge sitting room with a traditional fireplace.
- Dining room seating 18 with free WiFi and a traditional fireplace.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a dishwasher and a utility room with a washing machine and drying rack.
- Several super king-size double bedrooms have zip and link beds so can be twins if preferred.
- Outside is a charming garden with a gazebo, a timber deck, fishponds, a BBQ area and a games room/ garage with Giant Kerplunk, Jenga and Connect 4.
- A detached stone slate period country house dating from the Victorian period, beautifully restored with original features retained. Sleeps up to 8.
- Only 1 1/2 miles from Bala, accessed via a private gated driveway. Set within 5 acres of woodland and river with natural waterfalls.
- The woodland is a magical place for children, rich in wildlife featuring a small tree house, many winding paths and hiding places and a wooden bridge.
- Steps lead up from the riverside parking area to the front entrance, into a spacious hallway.
- A period sitting room has an open fire and character bookcases, a TV and video.
- A large dining room and kitchen area.
- The dining area seats 8 and has great panoramic views.
- Parking for 4 cars is onsite.
- Cots and highchairs.
- Free WiFi is in some cottages.
- Pet friendly cottages.
- Cycle hire is available at Bala
- Bed linen, fuel and towels are all included in the booking price.
- Baby sitting service and breakfast/BBQ hampers.
Additional services and pamper extras available include courtesy umbrellas within each cottage, locally sourced breakfast and barbecue hampers, beauty therapy treatments in the comfort of your own cottage and a baby sitting service.
Why not join a local guide on our Tuesday evening guided walks around the surrounding mountains. Cycle hire delivered straight to your cottage, helicopter flights and fly fishing are all available locally.
Short breaks are available all year round except during school holidays. A 10% discount also applies for guests booking a 2 bedroom cottage and only using 1 bedroom.