At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- Private garden
- Bike storage space
- Short breaks
- Free WiFi
- Ideal for families & couples
About this Holiday Cottage
Nestled in the Yorkshire Dales village of Askrigg near Leyburn, The Shippon is a beautiful two bedroom barn conversion surrounded by Wensleydale countryside. The cottage sleeps up to 4 in two bedrooms, and is a fantastic base for families and couples. Facilities include a furnished patio garden, a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi and off road parking adjacent.
The Wensleydale area is a perfect base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales. There are miles of walking and cycling routes to explore direct from your door, and nearby attractions include the racing stables and gallops in Middleham, agricultural museums, Bolton Castle and beauty spot Aysgarth Falls. Numerous local villages host fairs and fetes in summer.
- The lounge is cosy and comfortable with a sofa, two armchairs, an antique wash stand/ desk and side tables. Attractive beech wood flooring has rugs and there is a multi-fuel burning stove perfect for the winter months.
- Entertainment facilities include a TV with Freesat, a DVD player and radio.
- The Shippon’s kitchen diner has pine units and slate tile flooring, a country style fan assisted oven and hob, a microwave oven, a fridge with freezer compartment, a dishwasher, a washer dryer and a pine and tiled topped table with four chairs. All crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are provided.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two first floor double bedrooms.
- Master king-size double bedroom with pine and wicker furnishings including an antique wardrobe, a dressing table, chair, a wicker storage unit and bedside cabinets with side reading lights.
- Bedroom 2 is a double with an in-built wardrobe and attractive pine furnishings including bedside cabinets with side reading lights, a chest of drawers and a stool. A hairdryer is also available.
- Spacious bathroom with a bath and shower, wc, a heated towel rail and a shaving point.
The Shippon boasts a lovely patio garden area with outdoor seating, a table and a bench from which you can enjoy the striking surrounding countryside views. We provide a picnic basket and BBQ equipment for the summer.
There is also a summer house for storing bikes and other outdoor equipment.
Other Things to Note
- All bed linen, towels, pillows and duvets are inclusive.
- Welcome tea tray and breakfast hamper on arrival.
- Free WiFi internet access is available.
- Cots are provided on request.
- We'll happily assist ordering food shopping to the cottage ready for your arrival with prior arrangements – contact us direct for more information.
- Please note that we are unable to accommodate pets and the cottage is strictly non-smoking.
Short breaks are available all year – please contact us for more information.