At a Glance
- Twin/double en-suites
- Well stocked bar
- Ample free parking & free WiFi
- Excellent breakfasts
- Restaurant/ evening dinner
- Central West Cliff location
About the Morningside Hotel
A stylish modern hotel in the heart of Whitby, the Morningside Hotel is family run with all modern facilities and car parking onsite. The hotel sits on West Cliff and is just a short stroll from Whitby's bustling town centre with its quirky shops, fine inns, restaurants and cafes. We overlook the harbour entrance to the east and the great cliffs of Sansend Ness to the west. Coastal views out to the North Sea are amazing, and just below the hotel sits miles of golden sands.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
We have a choice of four classes of room including Seaview, Suites, Deluxe and Side Rooms. All rooms are either twins or doubles. Seaview rooms have fabulous views towards Sandsend and Whitby Abbey, whilst our rooms at the rear of the hotel overlook Whitby's football and cricket pitiches, and the North York Moors beyond. Side rooms also have coastal views.
In-room facilities include free WiFi, hairdryers, TVs with Freeview and tea/ coffee making facilities which are replenished each day.
- Seaview Rooms - spacious with modern en-suite facilities and furnishings.
- Suites - our two largest rooms, both south facing with views of the cricket club and moorlands beyond. These rooms include a dressing room, seating area and a large shower room.
- Deluxe Rooms - spacious with seating areas and large shower rooms. Views towards the cricket club.
- Side Rooms - all double rooms with sea views. These are our cosy rooms, featuring generous shower rooms and seating areas. Side rooms are perfect for short breaks and for single occupancy.
- A single occupancy supplement does apply at some times during the year
- First class breakfasts are served in the restaurant with a wide choice of starter breakfast buffet options - yoghurts, fresh furit, juices, porridge, cererals and grapefruit segments. Followed by hearty full cooked breakfasts, or light cooked options. Finished with white or wholemeal toast, and with tea or freshly ground coffee included.
- Dine in at the Morningside Hotel. A varied menu is served for dinner, including starters, mains and our fantastic desserts menu. See sample menus for breakfast and dinner on our website.
- Special diets are happily catered for.
Other Facilities/ Services
- Ample free car parking onsite.
- Large comfortable lounge with cosy armchair/ sofa seating and fabulous sea views.
- Well stocked bar with stylish leather chairs - a great spot for enjoying before and after dinner drinks with friends or family.
Around and About
- Whitby Abbey, the harbour, beach, the Captain Cook Museum and amenities are all a short walk away.
- The North York Moors National Park is right on our doorstep - hop aboard the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway running between Whitby and Pickering.