At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Idyllic country location
- Central heating
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Wood-burning stove
- Autumn & Winter walking breaks
About The Pines Cottage
If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle then look no further than The Pines in Port Erin, a self-contained detached cottage in a stunning location ideal for exploring the Isle of Man. This charming self catering holiday cottage nestles in the Bradda hillside surrounded by five acres of wooded grounds and enjoys a spectacular elevated position above the town of Port Erin in the south of the Isle of Man. The cottage offers comfortable accommodation finished to a high standard. Whether it is a long weekend break or family holiday, The Pines is the perfect peaceful retreat with no adjacent properties and exclusive use for 2 to 4 guests.
The property is centrally heated, furnished to a high standard with modern interiors and good quality fittings.
- Open plan living space includes a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living area.
- The living area has a cosy wood burning stove.
- The kitchen includes a microwave, fridge, cooker and all essential pots, pans, cutlery and accessories.
- For your convenience there is also a separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
There are two lovely en-suite bedrooms at The Pines:
- Bedroom One is a super king-size double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and French doors out to the garden. This bedroom can be configured as a twin with two single beds if preferred - please request.
- Bedroom Two is a double bedroom with an ensuite shower room.
Other Things to Note
- Car parking for guest use is onsite.
- WiFi facilities are available.
- Guests are welcome to leave an order for food shopping, which will be ready to be collected in the evening.
Autumn & Winter Walking breaks (Oct to March)
We are pleased to offer short breaks of four days and three nights from October to the end of the March for walking breaks. These breaks include the Christmas and New Year period and can run over a long weekend starting on a Friday or Saturday and mid week from a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Our breaks include accommodation and are charged at £200 per person based on four sharing. Contact us for further information and to book your stay.
Tailor-made transport and support is inclusive from arrival to departure. Our walking breaks offer includes:
- Return transfer to airport/ ferry terminal
- Transfers to and from walks at a point of your choosing across the Isle of Man
- Use of local mobile phones
- Food shopping order/ pick up when required
- Travel/ walk help and advice
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Complimentary welcome pack
- Utilities, bed linen, towels and bathrobes
- Wood burner lit for your return on request.
Possible walking routes include The Millennium Way (23 miles), The Heritage Trail (10 miles), Bayr Ny Skeddan/ Herring Way (14 miles) and Raad Ny Foillan (98 miles).
Please note that from May to October, bookings are taken Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise agreed with the owner by telephone.
Around and About
- The Pines is situated in a peaceful location yet just a leisurely stroll or 2 minute car journey from shops and eateries.
- The location is perfect for exploring the south of the Isle of Man: Port St Mary, the historic capital town Castletown and Cregneish.
- Routes to the rest of the Island are within easy reach.
- The airport is a mere 10 minutes away and the sea terminal is only 30 minutes from the property.
- The cottage is ideal for a walking holiday, surrounded by beautiful scenery and coastline that stretches for 100 miles.
- Available for Autumn and Winter walking - and we can transport guests to and from wherever you choose to take your daily walk. Please do ask us for contacts, maps and activities to do in the local area - we'll be more than happy to help!
We are 10 minutes from the airport, and 30 minutes from the sea terminal.