At a Glance
- Indoor & outdoor pools
- Glow Bowl ten pin bowling alley
- Restaurant, bar & terrace
- Stunning Gannel Estuary views
- Snooker & pool tables.
- Sauna/ Solarium
About the Hotel California
Offering great value quality accommodation in Newquay, the Hotel California is only a short walk from Fistral Beach and has 68 guest rooms including the luxury Gannel Suite. Balcony rooms have stunning views across to the Gannel Estuary and Crantock Beach beyond. All are welcome with family and double rooms available inclusive of Full English breakfast. Relax in the bar lounge open from 12 noon daily with a wide choice of fine wines and whiskies available. On sunny days food and drink are served on our terrace with fabulous Gannel Estuary views.
- 68 en-suite rooms all with bathrooms containing a shower and bath, flat-screen TV, tea/ coffee making facilities, direct dial telephone, trouser press, fine toiletries, hair dryer and central heating.
- Our luxury king-size Gannel Suite comes with fine bedding and has one of our best hotel views.
- Standard double or twin rooms and rooms with views of the Gannel Estuary and countryside.
- Balcony rooms with estuary and Crantock beach views.
- Sun lounge rooms located just below reception with large sun lounge. Some include a partitioned area with single bed.
Food & Drink
- A full English breakfast is served daily from 8am to 9.30am along with cereals, juices and toast.
- Enjoy delicious 3 course candle lit evening meals served in the spacious dining room (7pm to 8.30pm) with fabulous views of the Gannel Estuary and surrounding countryside.
- The lounge bar serving an extensive fine wine list and great choice of whiskies is open from 12 noon each day.
- Food and drink are served on the terrace with estuary views on warm sunny days and evenings.
The hotel sits within 4 acres of beautiful countryside offering a picturesque backdrop for wedding photography. Our experienced in-house wedding co-ordinator will ensure you special day runs smoothly. The Hotel California is licenced for Civil Wedding Ceremonies.
- Our Entertainment Room with bar and dance floor can hold over 250 guests with additional quieter Buffet Room.
- The light and airy restaurant holding up to 200 guests for a sit down reception has views of the Estuary.
- Smaller wedding parties will find our Pink Room the perfect venue.
We have three function suites ideal for large and small conference events or meetings, holding from 2 to 250 delegates. A conference co-ordinator is in-house, with onsite facilities ideal for any team-building event. Delegate packages are tailor-made to suit you.
- A unique Glow Bowl bowling alley - a fantastic venue for Stag & Hen nights, celebrations and birthdays, accompanied by beer and burgers.
- Golf packages available at local golf clubs.
- Full sized snooker table and two pool tables.
- Squash court and table tennis.
- Heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Sauna and solarium.
- Well trained dogs are welcome by prior request only, charged at £10 per night.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in from 15:00 to 23:00 and check-out from 8:00 to 10:00.