At a Glance
- 5 Star Gold Award
- Breakfast Award
- Contemporary en-suite rooms
- Free Wi-Fi & ample parking
- 16th century pub yards away
- Close to the Coast Path
About this Bed and Breakfast
Luxury Orchard Lodge B&B is a multi award-winning 5 Star Gold B&B in Boscastle on the beautiful North Cornwall coast. We're in a stunning location within the conservation area of the historic village with its famous harbour. A 16th century pub and a shop are just yards away, and Boscastle's fine restaurants and craft shops are within easy walking distance. The stunning North Cornwall scenery and coastline provide a myriad of opportunities for walking, leisurely cycle rides and sightseeing trips. The South West Coast Path and superb beaches such as Bossiney Beach are just a short distance away.
- Six contemporary guest rooms all with their own unique style appointed to luxury 5 Star standard. Rooms are spread across two levels, all with en-suite facilities featuring powerful showers, quality toiletries and fluffy soft white cotton towels.
- Each room includes fine white cotton bed linen and stylish furnishings offering exceptional comfort.
- Facilities in all rooms include WiFi internet access, curtains and blinds ensuring a great night's sleep, TVs with radios and refreshment trays with a selection of breakfast teas, coffee, fresh local milk and Cornish made biscuits.
- Double: King size double rooms are stylish and elegant with ample space, character furnishings, unique mirrors and original artwork. They include en-suites with powerful high-pressure showers, locally sourced toiletries and super soft white cotton towels. WiFi, a TV with radio and well stocked refreshment trays are all inclusive.
- Twin: Contemporary and very comfortable twin rooms have a charm all their own, uncluttered and featuring beautifully designed bedside lighting, specially made blinds and curtains and monochrome en-suite showers with power showers and Spanish hand-crafted tiles.
- Thrift: Our newest double room is available at a great value budget price, and offers quality accommodation equivalent to the standard of our other rooms. Located at the rear of the B&B, this room contains a standard double bed with a king-size duvet, and is ideal for single occupancy or as a cosy double for two. The bathroom has a powerful shower and facilities include a TV, radio, refreshment tray and WiFi.
Award-winning breakfasts are served using the very best Cornish produce. Enjoy a choice of cooked breakfast options including a full Cornish breakfast with free range eggs, best Boscastle bacon and sausages from our local farm. Smoked fish caught fresh in local Cornish waters is also served and special diets are catered for on request.
Other Facilities & Information
- Spacious communal lounge and garden terrace.
- Parking for five cars is available onsite.
- Find out more about our environmental policy and eco-friendly features on our website.
- Our awards include an Enjoy England Gold Award, a British Hen Welfare Society Award and we're members of CoaST - the Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project.
- Treat friends or family with one of our Gift Vouchers - £10 and £50 vouchers are available.
Please note children under 12 cannot be accommodated. Sorry no pets please, however we'll happily provide a list of local kennels and catteries if required.
Orchard Lodge is open from March to December annually.
Around and About
We're perfect for Boscastle festival breaks - walking and food festivals are held annually. Spectacular coast and country walking and cycling trails are just on our doorstep, and beautiful National Trust properties nearby include the medieval Old Post Office, Lanhydrock House, Cotehele and Trerice. Doc Martin Country around Port Isaac and Rick Stein Restaurants in Padstow are within easy reach.
Although Gunpool Lane is open to two-way traffic we advise guests to avoid Fore Street and access Gunpool Lane from the west side, off New Road.
Orchard Lodge is easily located at the top of the village at the junction of New Road and Doctor’s Hill. If you are arriving by bus the nearest stop is just a few yards from our B&B, at Doctor’s Corner – just ask the bus driver!
Approaching from the South on the A39: follow signs for Boscastle onto the B3266. Turn sharp right at the filling station into Gunpool Lane; Orchard Lodge is immediately on the left. Approaching from the North on the A39 take the B3263 to the harbour and continue towards Tintagel. Orchard Lodge B&B is on the left, half a mile from the harbour.