At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Stunning Bay views
- Garden & patio
- Parking for 1 car
- Short breaks off peak
- WiFi & digital TV
About Boswhidden Apartment
A stylish one bedroom apartment with spectacular views of Carbis Bay, Boswhidden is self-contained and adjoins the owner's detached residence. Located in a quiet area of Carbis Bay only a mile from St Ives (about a 25 minute walk along the coast path), the apartment is a real romantic retreat for two, or ideal for a small family group. Cosy accommodation includes WiFi, a fully fitted modern kitchen and a pretty garden and patio with views of the the Bay.
The beach, restaurants, a late opening shop, supermarket and a bus stop are all a few minutes' walk away. St Ives and Carbis Bay are the perfect base for exploring, only a 45 minute drive from the Eden Project, 30 minutes' from Land's End, 40 minutes from Newquay Airport and only 8 miles from Penzance where you can pick up boat trips across to the Isle of Scilly.
- The apartment is accessed via steps down to French doors leading into:-
- An open plan kitchen area fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, a dishwasher, microwave, a washer/ dryer and a small fridge-freezer.
- A dining area with contemporary glass table and four chairs.
- Sitting room area with stylish seating, a TV with Freeview channels, a DVD player and a radio.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Bedroom with a 5' double bed, a single futon pull-out bed chair and space available for a cot (please bring along your own cot).
- Modern bathroom with an attractive bowl bath and shower over.
- Sunny patio with outdoor furniture - a great spot for al fresco breakfast, drinks or simply relaxing.
- Shared garden (with the family only) and a drying area.
- Sea views.
- Parking for one car.
Other Things to Note
- WiFi internet access available.
- Bed linen included with beds fully made up ready for your arrival.
- Electricity and gas underfloor heating fully inclusive.
- Non-smoking throughout and no pets please.
- Towels are provided - please bring along your own beach towels.
- Sorry no single sex parties please or bookings from those aged 21 or under.
Check-in time is 2pm and check-out is by 10am. Changeover is Saturday to Saturday. Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) are available during low season (October to April).
Around and About
- The quaint Cornish Town of St. Ives with its pretty cobbled streets, harbour, Tate Gallery and Barbara Hepworth Studio, quirky craft shops and award-winning beaches is just a 25/30 minute scenic walk away along the coast path.
- The apartment is a perfect base for exploring the wider Cornwall area. Lands End, Flambards Theme Park, Paradise Park in Hayle, The Eden Project and Penzance with its regular boat trip service to the Isles of Scilly are within easy driving distance.
Come off the A30 and drive through Carbis Bay until you pass the second chapel on the left. Just before the roundabout take the almost immediate right onto Pannier Lane and second right into Wheal Whidden.
"Lowena" is in the middle of the road on the seaward side. Sat Nav will take you down Valley Road but it is better to go another 100 yards or so and turn into Pannier Lane.