At a Glance
About Wrea Head Holiday Cottages
Wrea Head Holiday Cottages are a selection of nine award-winning properties on the outskirts of Scarborough. Ideal for Yorkshire Coast and Country touring, each property has been beautifully converted from red brick farm buildings. Cottages are clustered around a pretty landscaped garden area and all have wonderful views across surrounding rolling meadows towards the sea and Scarborough Castle. Guests have inclusive use of onsite leisure facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. Children will adore the onsite adventure playground and Teddy Bear's Cottage. We welcome groups and families as well as individuals and couples, with cottages sleeping two to eight guests. (All nine cottages booked together will accommodate large groups of up to 45 guests).
Accommodation - Sleep 2-8
Our nine award-winning cottages are real 'home from homes', furnished to a high standard with all modern appliances. Many have lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Guests have access to beautiful gardens including lawns, a BBQ and a summer house. Each cottage has its own unique charm with oak beamed ceilings and pantile roofs. Some cottages are pet friendly and all properties are non-smoking throughout with cosy central heating. Cottages include:-
- Stable Cottage - sleeps 2. A romantic single storey cottage ideal for couples with a well equipped kitchen and adjoining lounge, a double bedroom and en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower.
- Seaview Cottage - sleeps 4+cot. This cottage has the best seaview of all our cottages and is also single storey with a lounge/ dining room featuring French windows with sea views. The kitchen is well equipped and the double bedroom has oak beams and room for a cot (can be a twin if preferred).
- Castle View Cottage - sleeps 4+cot. A single storey cottage very popular with our guests featuring a well equipped kitchen and adjoining lounge. A double bedroom is off a hall area and the second bedroom is a twin with space for a guest bed or a cot. The bathroom has a bath with a shower over.
- Seascape Cottage - sleeps 4+cot. Recently refurbished throughout, this cottage is detached with living space across two floors. Leisure facilities are just across the courtyard from the property. Living space includes a ground floor kitchen/dining area, a spacious living room with a big picture window and sea views. Stairs are up to the landing area and a double and twin bedroom. The twin has room for a cot and the bathroom has a shower.
- Mill Cottage - sleeps 6+cot. A spacious single storey cottage with 3 bedrooms, a large lounge/ dining area and sea views. A fitted kitchen includes a dishwasher and the three bedrooms are a double which can be a twin and includes space for a cot, a second double and a twin bedroom. The bathroom has a shower and a separate cloakroom contains a wc.
- Granary Cottage - sleeps 5/6+cot. This cottage is brimming with character features and has an large oak beamed lounge/ dining room, a fitted kitchen and a cloakroom with a wc and wash basin. Stairs lead up to the landing area and the main bathroom containing a shower, a small double bedroom, a twin and a single bedroom which has room for a cot or guest bed.
- Haybarn Cottage - sleeps 8+2cots. A spacious and beautifully appointed two storey property brimming with character. The hallway leads into a large comfortable lounge area with beamed ceiling, and adjoining dining room with access to the fitted kitchen with a dishwasher. A shower room and cloakroom are downstairs and upstairs there are two double bedrooms with space for a cot - both doubles can be twins if preferred. The property also has a large family room with 3 single beds (two singles can be linked as a double) and space for a guest bed. The bathroom contains a shower.
- Woodland View Cottage - sleeps 4+cot. A very comfortable single storey cottage. The entrance leads into a well equipped kitchen including a dishwasher and an archway into the sitting room with offset dining area. Bedrooms include a spacious double (can be a twin) and a twin bedroom. The bathroom includes a shower.
- Meadow View Cottage - sleeps 4/5+cot. This property is our most spacious two bedroom cottage offering single storey living space with a kitchen/ dining room and a feature archway into a large lounge. Bedrooms are accessed through the hallway and include a large double and a twin with 2 single beds plus space for a guest bed or a cot. A large bathroom has a bath with a shower over.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi whirlpool spa.
- Changing rooms, shower and WC, poolside playpen and tropical flower/plant displays.
- Award-winning gardens with a summerhouse, a perfect space for relaxing and BBQs. The garden has panoramic views of surrounding countryside, the coast and the Castle.
- Teddy Bear's Cottage - a perfect playhouse for younger children with its own fenced garden and picnic area.
- A well equipped adventure playground ideal for older children, plus space for ball games.
- Laundry/ library room with automatic washing machines, tumble dryers, a library, DVDs, CDs, games, books and a payphone.
- Garden facilities include BBQs, racquet games, croquet sets and a summerhouse.
- Baby-sitters can be arranged on request.
- Ample parking with security lighting is adjacent to cottages.
- Milk, juice and dairy products delivery can be arranged on request.
- All cottages have a selection of tourist information guides and brochures.
Availability/ Group Bookings
Check-in is from 4pm (no earlier please). We request prompt departure by 10am. Cottages are open all year round, with short breaks available from October to April inclusive of a flexible start date.
All nine cottages booked together can accommodate up to 45 guests - perfect for large family groups or friends sharing. Properties are positioned conveniently close to each other and to onsite leisure facilities.
Around and About
Our local village of Scalby has two great pubs, a cafe, two general stores and some very interesting buildings. Proudfoots, a local superstore, is also within a 5 minute drive. Nearby Scarborough has many more facilities, attractions and award-winning beach bays.
Wrea Head Cottages are ideally placed for exploring the Yorkshire Coast and Countryside. We're just on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, and just minutes from the seaside resort of Scarborough.
Numerous local activities include walking/ hiking, cycling in nearby Dalby Forest, fishing and 4X4 off-road driving. Visit our website for more inspiration on the many attractions and things to do in the area.